PG Music Home
Posted By: John F. Tilde Shortcut Not Working - 08/28/18 05:41 PM
I find myself having to use the "Rest" checkbox quite often, so hovering over it, the tooltip reads that holding the tilde (`) key while clicking will insert a rest. This didn't work for me.
Anyone else having this issue?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Tilde Shortcut Not Working - 08/28/18 09:33 PM
Try Shift+tilde. I’m not at a PC to check, but there’s another key needed. Shift or maybe Alt or Ctrl?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Tilde Shortcut Not Working - 08/28/18 10:30 PM
Holding the tilde key down while left-clicking works, however, you need to have some actual notes on the stave also. BiaB notation system is a little unique. A longer note gets inserted, and its length is automatically shortened by a following note placement. Try placing two notes on a bar and then inserting a rest in between the two (tilde-click). It should work. (You need to be in Edit mode also!)

Attached picture 2018-08-29_11-27-43.jpg
Attached picture 2018-08-29_11-27-18.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Tilde Shortcut Not Working - 08/29/18 02:06 AM
That’s a good point: you must be in the Editable Notation Mode. Also, could you tell us whether this is BIAB for Mac or Windows, and is it version 2018?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Tilde Shortcut Not Working - 08/29/18 12:21 PM
Yes, to affirm, you cannot simply place a rest on a bar unless there are accompanying notes - except if the bar has no notation you can place the rest on the very first beat of an empty bar, which will produce a semibreve rest (4 beats) for the entire bar - (presuming the time signature is 4/4).

As Matt pointed out, it's also helpful to advise exactly what version you are using.
© PG Music Forums