PG Music Home
Posted By: tbudw Deleting multiple notes in notation mode - 01/11/24 12:41 AM
Good evening,

I am trying to write some music in Band in a Box 2021. Long time User 10+ years.. For some reason when I am editing notation, I am only able to delete one note at a time. Neither the delete key or backspace will delete multiple marked notes.

Windows11 Pro with all updates.
I don't have the tech notes on my 2-year-old computer handy but upgraded memory, SSD primary and dual HDD backup. I use it for primarily for video and audio editing regularly and it has plenty of horsepower. BIAB 2021 with any updates that were or are available. I thought earlier versions allowed me to delete multiple notes at a time.

thanks, in advance.

Tom B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Deleting multiple notes in notation mode - 01/11/24 01:07 AM
Tom, have you tried the return to factory settings option. That is the first thing I do if/when Biab isn't acting like it used to act. Return to factory settings is under options. Select the return most.....option.

If you have already done this then disregard this message.
I am trying to write some music in Band in a Box 2021. Long time User 10+ years.. For some reason when I am editing notation, I am only able to delete one note at a time. Neither the delete key or backspace will delete multiple marked notes.
Sometimes the quickest and easiest way to delete multiple notes is to use the Piano Roll. Rubber-band the selection and delete.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Deleting multiple notes in notation mode - 01/11/24 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by tbudw
Good evening,

Windows11 Pro with all updates.
I don't have the tech notes on my 2-year-old computer handy but upgraded memory, SSD primary and dual HDD backup. I use it for primarily for video and audio editing regularly and it has plenty of horsepower. BIAB 2021 with any updates that were or are available. I thought earlier versions allowed me to delete multiple notes at a time.

thanks, in advance.

Tom B
Hi Tom,

I use notation editor mode with all my songs as I write melodies in full. Unless something has happened and I missed it, which is possible, notation editor has always only deleted a note (melody) or notes (a chord) at single location at a time. If you want to delete multiple notes, as Audiotrack has said, Piano Roll is a great way to go. In Piano Roll, it's possible to select in bulk with the mouse and delete in bulk with the DEL key.

Alternatively, it's possible to use "Edit >> Erase from... to...". This is the approach that I usually use because it lets me select and delete multiple items across a range of bars.

I hope this helps.
--Noel

★ my latest song: The Best Gift Of All (Thank You, Mama) – vocals by Synthesizer V
Posted By: tbudw Re: Deleting multiple notes in notation mode - 01/11/24 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try the ones I have used yet.

Good luck with your new song.
© PG Music Forums