PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 03:30 PM
Hello there! I recently installed the new 2024 version of BB and noticed that it created a file named BBDownloads containing all the RT's and Real drums .exe files. I have never noticed this. The thing is that is almost killing my "C" drive since all this files amount a bunch of gigabytes. I install real drums and real tracks on a different drive, have been doing this for a very long time and with every update that's where they go by default.
My question is; can I delete those files in my "C" drive?

Thanks

Mike B.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 03:42 PM
I agree. But I do not have a folder named /bb/BBdownloads. I do have /bb/Installers. Is it that?

I save the EXE files for all add-ons (and I save them not on my C drive) just in case I need to reinstall from scratch, because some of those seem not to reoccur. I'm pretty sure I could get everything else from my account at PG Music.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
I agree. But I do not have a folder named /bb/BBdownloads. I do have /bb/Installers. Is it that?
I think the folder it usually C:/BBbownloads, i.e., in the root not in /bb

Yes the whole folder can safely be deleted, it's where the download manager keeps files for execution/extraction. If at any time in the future you need to reinstall some, it'll download them again.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 04:58 PM
Thanks Gordon, I see. I did not use the Download Manager; I just grabbed the individual files. There is a checkbox to do that.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 05:31 PM
Thanks guys, yes, I did use the download manager.
Ok then, out they go. Thanks again.

Mike B.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/13/24 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Thanks Gordon, I see. I did not use the Download Manager; I just grabbed the individual files. There is a checkbox to do that.
There are now, of course, two different download managers. I'm not actually sure if this folder applies to both or only the older Help->Download Manager.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/14/24 05:19 PM
BBDownloads is the default "Downloads folder location" that the Install Manager uses, but it can be set to any location. If you have already installed Band-in-a-Box, then you can delete those files or copy them to a different hard drive.
Posted By: thomasc Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/23/24 11:33 PM
And what about bb/Data/Updates ???

Looks like these also could be deleted.
Lot of empty txt files and in my case the last updates made for 2022/2023/2024.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Can I delete this files? - 01/24/24 11:40 PM
And what about bb/Data/Updates

This folder is where the automatic updates function downloads patches. It won't cause any problem to delete the files in that folder.
© PG Music Forums