PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy A - USA Audio issues - 12/24/16 11:10 AM
I have Ultra 2017, Windows 10. My laptop's audio worked fine until I loaded the most recent patch (Dec 23) 30 mins ago. The laptop audio works for everything except BB (MS pings and YouTube). I'm not very technical, and I don't recall the previous settings, but they are now set to MME, (there is no ASIO), I have looked at Preferences, Audio, and it is set to use the LT speakers. GS Wavetable. I ran the automatic Get Driver from Soundcard just to see if that would help. The volume for all song tracks is at 100.

(As an aside, though I have loaded 2017, the top right mixer panel has always continued to as the 2016 version (is not able to be relocated, for example, stays where it is) on this LT, but is fine on my desktop (Windows 8).

Thoughts? Can I roll-back the patch? Return to factory settings? I've open/closed BB, and rebooted a couple times.

Thanks.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Audio issues - 12/24/16 11:49 AM
Andy - repost this in Band In A Box for Windows Forum below.
Many more people view there and I'm sure you will get an answer.
Ian
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio issues - 12/24/16 12:03 PM
Andy,

Yes, you can roll back the patch. Simply go to the below webpage and download the patch you want to return to. Then run it and install over the top of the current patch. This will return you to the previous patch.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

All the best,
Noel

P.S. PG Music released build 456 today. If you installed build 455 and it was this that caused the problem, it would be worth trying 456 before reverting to 454.
Posted By: rharv Re: Audio issues - 12/24/16 12:40 PM
If driver settings were changed, reverting may not undo this change.

Right-click the speaker icon in lower right and look at Windows playback device options while BiaB is playing and see if any of the meters available show signal.
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Audio issues - 12/24/16 12:58 PM
Thanks, guys. Will do!
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Audio issues - 12/24/16 02:00 PM
That was it, Noel. Once I rolled back to 545 audio returned AND the screen/mixer is 2017.

Also, thanks to both Harv and Ian for your input. I checked the sound controller per your suggestion and it was set up properly. Great suggestion on posting at the Windows forum, Ian. I should have gone there first. I think I was hyperventilating, thinking I'd screwed it up and might have to wait until Tuesday for tech help if this forum couldn't solve things for me. (I'm still having issues with the upgrade on my desktop and have been working with tech support for a week, so confidence was low.)

Maybe a future patch will help me, but for now things are peachy.

And remember; there is no such things as too much pie. Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks!
© PG Music Forums