PG Music Home
Posted By: jerrypettit Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 12:29 PM
I'm just realizing that despite having upgraded to the 2017 version and having, from what I understand, EVERYTHING--I'm missing 100s of styles and Soloist 14 & 15 (Lorber). I've rescanned the styles list and same message.

I've attached a PrtScrn of what I'm seeing when I click on StyleMaker. (Hope this works)

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Going to Help and doing "What Add-Ons do I have?" points out the missing Lorber soloist disks, but indicates I have all the styles. What's up with that?!!

Description: Printed Screen from StylePicker
Attached picture styles.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 12:42 PM
What makes you think you are missing 100's of styles? Did you do a "slow" rebuild of stylepicker.

The 14 & 15 (Lorber) styles are MIDI styles that unfortunately are not included in the EverythingPAK and must be purchased separately. I suspect that it was probably a result of the agreement made with Mr. Lorber, but I'm only speculating.

Additionally, MIDI styles sets 12 and 13 must also be purchased separately; however, there were a few releases over the years that include them as a bonus, so some people did get them with their BIAB purchase and I guess it's possible that they are included now (I've had them so long, so they are just always there when I upgrade). I've never seen 14 and 15 included as a bonus, however. So if you want the Jeff Lorber styles, you'll have to purchase them.

What other styles are you missing.
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 12:53 PM
Are you able to see the image in my post of what Stylepicker shows?

It shows, for instance, under EVERYTHING JAZZ [UltraPak=1849] [Found=1756]
The Country, Pop, etc. categories show similar discrepancies.

This is AFTER a "slow" rebuild.
Posted By: jford Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 02:06 PM
I see what you are saying now.

When you purchased the EverythingPAK, did you also purchase the two XTRA RealStyles PAKs. Those were in addition to the what ships with the UltraPlusPAK or the EverythingPAK (yeah, I know, that's not everything, is it. But just like the Jeff Lorber Styles, some are additional. There has also been bonus content that has been released over the years that doesn't necessarily make it into future versions - as I understand it - you only get it if you happened to get it when it was made available that year).

I'm just wondering if the issue is with the XTRA RealStyles PAKs (which 325 styles). Just a thought.
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 05:51 PM
Possibly. I'll check with Sales on that.

It seems odd, though, that I'm being told I have such and such but that fewer are found.

Better check with Sales.
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/22/17 08:23 PM
I had the same thing. I got this response from them on March 6th.

That's not a problem. It's just a small (albeit annoying) bug. The only way to actually see what you're missing (if anything) is to go to Help>What add-ons do I have?. It'll probably say that you're missing two soloist discs but that's also nothing to worry about -- they're not included in any of our packages.

But I noticed just now after reading your post that I don't see that listed anymore, i.e., it doesn't show the missing items, it just lists the various choices under the categories. I presume it changed with build 461 since, as they say, it's actually misleading, a glitch.

Marty
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Missing hundreds of styles - 03/23/17 12:35 PM
I just got the same response from Support that it is a bug and all the styles are there.
© PG Music Forums