PG Music Home
Here's another one since we're talking about business on the web, I have some clients who will take a pic of something like a W2 with their phone and email it to me. We use Outlook in the office. BUT, it's embedded in the body of the email, not as an attachment. Is there any way to isolate that so I can print it? I try to right click it and everything is greyed out especially the Copy function. Sometimes with stuff like that in an email I can copy it to the desktop then open it using the MS picture viewer and then print it but these embedded ones I can't figure out a way to do anything with those. If I simply print the email itself that pic prints at the original resolution of the guy's cell phone which is huge. All I get is a grossly blown up part of a corner.

Bob
Since I use Outlook 2010 (on both MS exchange and POP3 servers) at home and we use Outlook (various versions and mainly on MS exchange server but Office 365 "web" crap - it depends on which internal accounts I/we are using and for which topics and customers - that excludes our air gapped network(s) obviously).

I can and DO get pics this way and I CAN right click and "copy & paste" to other apps (Word, pic editor, etc.)

This is going to be a setting in Outlook under (which version by the way?) Options (trust center, then sub-menus like security settings), and other settings of Outlook as well as your user privileges (administrator account/privileges or are you set at the lowest fire-walled off child-proofed user that has UAC set to allow nothing but watching a screen saver- LOL)

Sorry Bob best I have - I suspect you have googled this, e.g.,

https://www.google.com/search?q=show+picture+placeholders+in+outlook&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

and similar?

Hard to narrow down beyond that.

Good Luck
Larry
Outlook 2010. The pics display fine the problem is I can't do anything with them. Sometimes doing a printscreen into Word will work but it depends on how dense the writing is. I have to crop everything surrounding the pic then expand it.

I'll call our IT guy tomorrow. Thanks,

Bob
Usually in the body of the email you can right click the image and choose, "Save as Picture". You can then store it locally to the file type you want, .jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.
This is exactly what wasn't working. I would "save as picture" but then I would go to the directory I saved it in and double click on one and nothing happened, it's like I had a title but no data.

Yesterday I went to that same directory because some of those pics are still there and tried it again. NOW they open the Windows picture and fax viewer and they print fine. What happened? No idea so I called our IT guy and all he could think of is they do updates all the time so maybe it got fixed by that. Btw, we're on a Win7 enterprise server at the office.

This stuff WILL drive you crazy...

Bob
I don't use Outlook, so I can't test anything directly. You could try using the Windows Snipping Tool and just grab the image that way - with the Snipping Tool you can also save the image.
https://www.labnol.org/software/download-images-in-outlook-email/8277/

another one for you Callie:

Attached picture outlook_save_images.jpg
This is great and it raises a question for you Pipeline.

HOW is the heck to you know all this stuff anyway?

Bob
© PG Music Forums