PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 12/01/17 06:56 PM
I accidentally dropped my hard drive copy of BIAB for Mac and now it won't show up on my mac or run. The light comes on when I plug it in and nothing is broken externally. I need to change one of tracks before my gig tomorrow. HELP!
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 12/01/17 07:13 PM
I would try opening up the enclosure (if possible) and seeing if there are any loose wires inside. It might be as easy as that.

If not, do you not have a backup? 2+TB drives are generally available from warehouse clubs from the $80-$100 range. It's definitely a worthwhile investment.
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 12/01/17 09:43 PM
As jford mentioned; it may be worth opening it carefully and looking for a connection that got jarred loose.

I've read of this happening a half a dozen times, so I bet it has happened dozens of other times that I've never heard about.

I'd remove the tiny screws (or snap it apart or whatever), and take a peek. Push the obvious connections back together and retry.. inside and out...
of course you need to physically disconnect it before trying any of this.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 01/05/18 01:27 AM
A dropped hard drive that doesn’t mount is normally ruined.

Of course open the housing to see if a wire came loose but that’s a long shot.

The last one I dealt with fell 3 feet onto a carpet.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 01/08/18 11:50 PM
Hi,

With the other hard drives we ship out, you can easily open the enclosure, and disconnect/reconnect the drive inside, which is connected to a USB-SATA interface (we call this reseating). With the Audiophiles, the drive is soldered right onto the board, so can't be knocked loose.

This makes them more dependable and harder to mess up, but if it still stops working after a drop, it's probably actually broken now. frown

Islansoul, if you contact our sales department directly (1-800-268-6272), we can replace it for the cost of the drive.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Island Soul Re: BIAB 2017 Audiophile Broke - 01/12/18 01:25 PM
Thanks, I did contact the support team and the person on the phone was very kind and helped me get a new one. I had to pay for it, but the tech employee was helpful.
© PG Music Forums