PG Music Home
Posted By: furry East West play engine - 12/30/17 11:13 PM
Any users get biab to work with the East West play keyboard ? I've downloaded some of their amazing sounds but, I'm getting a clicking sort of feedback with the choirs. Just wondering if band in a box will play ewi files.
Posted By: sslechta Re: East West play engine - 12/31/17 02:13 PM
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: East West play engine - 12/31/17 02:35 PM
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 12/31/17 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.

Best I can do is a link

http://www.soundsonline.com/play6
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 12/31/17 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.

SOUNDS ARE INCREDIBLE Matt. Gobsmacking
Posted By: MarioD Re: East West play engine - 12/31/17 06:49 PM
furry, I have East West Play with their Symphonic Chorus. They do sound great, however the word builder is a little lacking, i.e. hard to understand. I am finishing a song with it and you will see what I mean. Also Play can be a little finicky and somewhat difficult to use at times. I would like to get their orchestra but it is out of my price range right now.

Do you have the 32 bit or the 64 bit version installed? If it is the 64 bit version it may not play well with jbridge. But I don't know for sure as I only use it in my 64 bit DAWs.
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 01/01/18 07:14 AM
64 bit Mario. I've noticed play is bloody awkward, I;ve used their monthly plan and am just downloading what I need before cancelling it.

Have just bought The J Bridge so will try. Having loads of fun so far
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 01/02/18 07:14 AM
Have it working with biab but, when rendered, the audio sounds jumpy, especially pianos. Strings are ok
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 01/02/18 11:56 AM
Honestly, I've told them 3 times on east west forum what equipment I'm using and somebody else asks again ??? Give me biab forum any day !
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: East West play engine - 01/05/18 03:22 PM
do you use any sort of DAW? personally, I would be using the EW stuff in a DAW and not so much in BB. I let BB do what it does.... and then move the needed tracks over to a DAW. Drop EW in as a synth and let it do what it does in the freedom of a DAW.

If you don't have a DAW, you do have Real Band which is a DAW so experiment with it in there and see if it works better....

Also see my post in another thread about the driver and the interface....as that could very well be where the issue lays.
Posted By: furry Re: East West play engine - 01/05/18 10:58 PM
I did try in real band as well. I DID get it sorted BUT I had to increase the buffer size AND that cured it, however as a file was playing I got a low memory warning so that was enough for me to pull the plug on it. I've deleted the lot and will stay with reason as it does have all I need really
© PG Music Forums