PG Music Home
Posted By: Geneoh Focusrite 6i6 no sound from frt input? - 01/18/18 05:31 PM
Hey guy's, Im moving slow here..real slow!
I got my 6i6 installed it plays through the speakers, I cant seem to get any sound out of the frt input!
Im trying to play a guitar through it, as of now Im just using the basic software that came with the 6i6
The halo light does light up when I strum the guitar, just no sound?
BIB & Windows Media play fine.
What am I missing here? I do have it set to Instrument no sound out of 1 or 2 frt side.
If it matters,my line outputs 1&2 are running into a fender amp that has RCA inputs, I should have a set of HS8 monitors tomorrow, according to UPS tracking
Windows 10 64 bit...
I dont mind being the dummy here, hopefully its something simple?
I've been trying to get it to play for hours!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Focusrite 6i6 no sound from frt input? - 01/18/18 07:31 PM
Can you attach a screenshot of your Focusrite software mixer? There's a lot of settings on it and you may not have something routed from the input to the output channel.

There's a dozen ways to do the routing through the mixer. I have the older gen mixer software but I believe Matt has the newer one. At any rate, one of us may be able to help.
Posted By: Geneoh Re: Focusrite 6i6 no sound from frt input? - 01/18/18 07:52 PM
Steve, good thing is it just started playing, bad thing is I don't know what I did? I'm about mentally spent from trying to do all sorts of software stuff that I'm not good at!
Anyway, I got family time to deal with also the rest of this evening.
I know what ever I did was right in the basic software.
Tomorrow I'll try and see what I did..
Please keep an eye on me here if ya can.
Thanks!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Focusrite 6i6 no sound from frt input? - 01/18/18 07:54 PM
Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve on the software mixers since they allow so much routing ability. The .PDF docs for the software are always a good place to start.

Good Luck!
Steve is correct; I have several Focusrite units, both generations. One thing I did with each one is to document every setting of every connection. It has saved me a few times. Do that now, while everything works.
Posted By: Geneoh Re: Focusrite 6i6 no sound from frt input? - 01/18/18 10:58 PM
Copy that Matt!
I might add there is a huge difference in sound quality running through the 6i6 rather than my Laptop headphone jack!
But that should really change tomorrow, I'll no longer be running through my little practice amp, UPS should be dropping off my
Yamaha HS8 Monitors tomorrow.
Also the last week Ive been putting together a studio room. I got everything in place other than the speakers. Now if I can only wrap my head around all this new software. My next challenge will be getting some guitar amp effects flowing..Needless to say I'm very intimidated yet very excited lol
Stay tuned guys, I certainly do appreciate the help!
Gene
© PG Music Forums