PG Music Home
I successfully installed BIAB yesterday on a new computer.

The program worked fine, but today after a Windows !0 Pro update the desktop icons for BIAB and RealBand disappeared.

When I try to load the program from the start button it stalls with Windows Installer trying to start.

I have tried many fixes to no avail.

Would anyone know whether there is a way to fix this, or should I try to reinstall BIAB?

I am concerned that the same thing will happen if I do, if it is a compatibility issue with Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Many people use BIAB successfully with Windows 10 on these forums. So it's not a compatibility problem.

That said, every once in a while a Windows 10 update comes along that causes some temporary strife.

Try this as a test...

1. Use Windows file explorer to navigate to your \bb folder. (As you're probably already aware, this is the BIAB program folder.)

2. In this folder, right-click on the file BBW.EXE and select 'Run as Administrator'.

BBW.EXE is the BIAB startup program. Click on OK if Windows ask do you want to let this program start.

What we've above is to manually try to start the program. Did it get going for you?

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel, I tried your suggestion but the EXE file is not in c\bb. The c\bb folder has 22gb and includes all the installers so the program is definitely there.

I guess the update to Win 10 has done something with the BBW.EXE file, which probably explains why the icons disappeared from the desktop during the update.

I will try to reinstall tomorrow and see what happens.
Very strange.

What antivirus software do you use? Recently there have been problems with McAfee and Norton that have deleted BBW.EXE without any notice.
I had major problems after the so called creators update. Loads of problems, which ended up in a complete re-install of windows. Hope re-intalling biab works
If it's anti virus and you have it set to quarantine versus delete, you should be able to get the files back.
Originally Posted By: jford
If it's anti virus and you have it set to quarantine versus delete, you should be able to get the files back.

Adding to John's advice you can also set your anti-virus to exclude the BB folder during scans. This would prevent the anti-virus from either deleting or quarantining that BBW.exe.
© PG Music Forums