PG Music Home
I have a few questions that maybe some tecky computer savvy persons can answer. I really suck at technology.

I had 2017 BIAB Pro and Real Band. Now I purchased the 2018 Ultra Pak as a separate hard drive which is called my G Drive.

I had also just purchased the 4 Set of Xtra Paks and had installed them on my C drive with the 2017 BIAB (of course they didn't really work with the Pro version).

When I plug in the external hard drive I see the BIAB and Real Band, alot of other folders and one called bb.

I assume I will delete the old C:\bb the old BIAB and Real Band.

Then, do I install the 4 Set Xtra Paks to the G:\bb file on the external hard drive?

Will the new BIAB read my older SEQ files where I have created songs?

Finally, the instructions for the external hard drive says "To prevent corruption you should always drag the icon for the BIAB to the trashcan before you remove the external hard drive" Hmmm! not sure why?
Those instructions, dragging icons to the trash, relate to a Mac. I think you can ignore it.

This assumes they sent you a drive for the PC version and not the Mac version.
Thanks so much Matt. And also if you could answer these three questions.

1. Do I delete the old C:\bb the old BIAB and Real Band.

2. Do I install the 4 Set Xtra Paks to the G:\bb file on the external hard drive?

3. Will the new 2018 BIAB read my older SEQ data files where I have created previous songs?
I think I found the answer to #3, yes, it should read them. So, just need the answers to #1 and #2. Thanks.
#1, No, install over your older version. Then install any xtra paks to the same place.

#2, I do the installs of xtra paks to the PG Music drive too, once I’m all done. This isn’t necessary, and some people probably just leave it clean; I prefer to keep all copies up to date. Your call either way.
Posted By: rharv Re: Installation UltraPak Windows PC Questions - 02/05/18 09:23 PM
If you plan on running the new version of the software from the C: drive still, then install the new version 'Over' the old version. Don't delete it prior.
Pay attention to the questions the Installer asks along the way, like 'where do you want the realtracks located' .. this is where you can save space on C:\ and read those from the external drive if you want, as many do.
If you have room on C:\ and all the realtracks were there before, then go ahead and put them there again. Mimic the previous install but install 'Over' the previous version so you don't lose any previous XtraPaks and such.

I agree with Matt, I try to keep at least one external drive current as well as one internal drive system current.

© PG Music Forums