PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 05/28/18 12:24 PM
I think Band in a Box is somehow messing with my Mac. My Mac has had some issues where the cusor will start to take over on it's own. The cursor will just randomly mve up on it's own, jitter and will become enlarged and then shrink back to its normal size. Band in a Box will also sometimes activate the function buttons on my Mac for no reason. These issues really make it hard for me to mouse to do things like click on bars in BIAB, navigate the forum and do other basic taskes. What should I do to fix the issues?
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 05/28/18 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I think Band in a Box is somehow messing with my Mac. My Mac has had some issues where the cusor will start to take over on it's own. The cursor will just randomly mve up on it's own, jitter and will become enlarged and then shrink back to its normal size. Band in a Box will also sometimes activate the function buttons on my Mac for no reason. These issues really make it hard for me to mouse to do things like click on bars in BIAB, navigate the forum and do other basic taskes. What should I do to fix the issues?

I know nothing about Mac's but from my perspective....I really don't think that BIAB (just being software) is the cause of your problem.

How old is your Mac/hardware?
Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
Is there a poor connection with your mouse?
Could this be a graphics setting or driver issue that BIAB may not be compatible with?
Is there a hardware driver that needs updating?

I'm just shooting from the hip here but I'd eliminate the above comments first.
I'm little help but you did get a bump.

I'll be curious as to how this gets resolved....I might learn something too.

Back to it....

Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 05/28/18 03:32 PM
That's exactly how your Mac would react if you are inadvertently hosting a hacker invasion.

I would run a boot-time virus scan for malicious software. It certainly doesn't cost anything. There are many free malware scanners but I am on a Windows system.

Please post back with the fix you find.
Hi Islansoul,

If you're using a wireless keyboard and mouse, then I'd say low batteries, as chulaivet1966 mentioned, would be my top suspect, or possibly interference from other devices. If replacing batteries doesn't help, I'd try switching to a wired keyboard and mouse temporarily as a test.

Just in case we're missing some crucial detail, what exactly indicated that Band-in-a-Box was the culprit?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/04/18 08:56 AM
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966

I know nothing about Mac's but from my perspective....I really don't think that BIAB (just being software) is the cause of your problem.

How old is your Mac/hardware?
Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
Could this be a graphics setting or driver issue that BIAB may not be compatible with?

I'm just shooting from the hip here but I'd eliminate the above comments first.
I'm little help but you did get a bump.

I'll be curious as to how this gets resolved....I might learn something too.

Back to it....

1.How old is your Mac/hardware?
My Macbook Pro is a 15 inch mid 2014

2.Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
No, I'm am using an Amazon basic wired mouse

No, I am using a wired mouse

I don't think so since I use the audiophile version

Maybe.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/04/18 04:50 PM
[quote=chulaivet1966][quote=Islansoul]
Is there a poor connection with your mouse? No, I am using a wired mouse
[b]You might try a different mouse....borrow one and try it just as an elimination thought?

I don't think so since I use the audiophile version
What I meant was are your graphics card software set correctly (?) which is not relative to what BIAB version you have.

Maybe.
Maybe the Apple graphics driver needs updating?

Obviously, I'm just shooting from the hip here and some of my suggestions may not even involve the Mac system or OS.
Is your hard drive getting to full creating some flakiness?

If I come up with anything else I'll chime in.

Carry on....

Hi Islansoul,

I'm still wondering what exactly indicates that Band-in-a-Box is causing these issues. I'm not sure that it is, but whatever is indicating to you that this is the case seems like something we'll need to know about to figure this out.

Can you please explain what the connection is, in as much detail as possible? Do these problems only occur when BIAB is running?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/06/18 09:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Islansoul,

I'm still wondering what exactly indicates that Band-in-a-Box is causing these issues. I'm not sure that it is, but whatever is indicating to you that this is the case seems like something we'll need to know about to figure this out.

Can you please explain what the connection is, in as much detail as possible? Do these problems only occur when BIAB is running?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Hello Kent. I do not understand what you mean by connection. My BIAB hard drive is connected to a four USB adapter. Yes, these problems seem to only occur when I have BIAB running even without doing anything inside BIAB. However, if I quite BIAB and leave it hooked up to my computer, the issues seem to go away. My cursor will stop moving or jittering on it's own, the cursor does not randomly enlage itself. Can I call you and talk about it. I can't really describe it on the forum.
Hi Islansoul,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was asking for. Are the mouse and keyboard also connected through that same USB hub?

If so, please try plugging the hard drive directly into the computer, bypassing the hub, and see if the problem still occurs.

You're welcome to call if you like, the tech support number is 1-866-983-2474.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/06/18 05:17 PM
If so, please try plugging the hard drive directly into the computer, bypassing the hub, and see if the problem still occurs.
You're welcome to call if you like, the tech support number is 1-866-983-2474.

That's what I was going to say also.

IE: I've used various USB hubs and sometimes one of ports acts flakey or unresponsive.
I've also noticed a color difference on one of the ports itself....one being BLUE on my wife's USB hub and the scanner would not work.
I plugged into a different port on the same USB hub and the scanner works properly.
I have no clue of any technical info.

Carry on....
Hi Chulaivet1966,

A blue USB port indicates that it's USB 3. I can't imagine why the scanner didn't like it though, USUB 1 and 2 devices are supposed to work with USB 3 ports.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/07/18 10:15 PM
Hi Chulaivet1966,A blue USB port indicates that it's USB 3. I can't imagine why the scanner didn't like it though, USUB 1 and 2 devices are supposed to work with USB 3 ports. Cheers Kent PG Music

Hey Kent....I remember you....you're that chat help guy! grin

Yep....I almost mentioned that the 'blue' may have been USB compatibility protocol but I would only be guessing.

Hope all is well....carry on.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/17/18 04:22 PM
I figure out that may actually be the trackpad messing with my wired mouse.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac - 06/18/18 01:56 PM
Islansoul,

Thanks for updating the thread with a possible solution.
© PG Music Forums