PG Music Home
Do you have a great sounding instrument or some really nifty sound files you want to use in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand? Read on then ... Have I got a deal for YOU!

+++ One Shot SFZ Mapper +++ is a webpage that instantly generates an SFZ file with a one-to-one mapping. Each sample file will be assigned to its own midi note number (key), beginning with the selected key on the piano roll. Note: Sample files are not uploaded to the site, only filenames are parsed.

The same developer also offers +++ SFZ Designer +++ which offers a method to visually create a soundfont versus the customary way which is to use a text based editor.

Noted author Craig Anderton wrote a +++ Sound-On-Sound tutorial column +++ in April, 2008 describing what SFZ soundfonts are and how to create your own.
Thanks JF, you also put me on to Folder To SFZ that I used a lot, it is a Java one so I think it ran on Mac also.
Yes thanks that's good reference info.

And as many people both new and some not so new users here are always asking about sound fonts SF2s and SFZ's this would be a good candidate for a sticky somewhere

Larry
This should definitely be a sticky; could also be a link on the tutorials page.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad the information is helpful. smile
© PG Music Forums