PG Music Home
Posted By: dave1990 upgrade - 06/17/18 12:47 PM
I had 2007.5
upgraded to 2018 pro.
I had at least 2000 midi styles with 2007.5 but now I only have about 700 midi styles
How do I get the old styles back. when I try to open 2007.5 in windows 10 it won't open.
So bottom line how do I get the styles back that I had with 2007.5
thanks
dave
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: upgrade - 06/17/18 01:53 PM
You should be OK. BIAB 2018 considerably reorganizes all the files into new folders, but the installer should not have deleted anything.

Try running the Cleanup routine separately. It's in Help, Utilities. Then check again.
Posted By: dave1990 Re: upgrade - 06/17/18 04:35 PM
Thanks
I got it open up and then just drug the folders to my styles folder in new biab.
Works great and I am certainly glad I didn't lose all 2500 styles I had with the other 2007. They really cut back on the styles from the 2007.5
Thanks for the help
dave
Posted By: Noel96 Re: upgrade - 06/17/18 04:55 PM
Glad you got it working, Dave.

For future reference...

PG Music haven't reduced the number of styles available, it's just that these days this number depends on which package is purchased.

The first package that includes all the styles (MIDI and Real-instruments) is the UltraPak. Those who buy the ProPak or the MegaPak will not get all the styles.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.mega.htm

All the best with your new software! It's changed a great deal since 2007.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: upgrade - 06/17/18 04:57 PM
Glad that worked. I, too, do all my own file handling. But for anyone who asks in the future, did you try the Cleanup routine? That should have worked, unless you had created your own folders.

Also about what Noel said, I don’t think PG Music has ever taken anything away, just added. And added...
Posted By: jford Re: upgrade - 06/18/18 12:04 PM
Yep, if you have 2000+ styles, they should all still be there; however, unless the cleanup routine is run, they won't be in their new home (PGMusic changed the folder structure for 2018); the cleanup routine will move them to the proper place, and then you'll need to rebuild your Style Picker database (do a "full" rebuild to get everything) and you should again see your original MIDI files.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: upgrade - 06/28/18 09:04 AM
Dave:

If you have not done so already, get a thumb drive and copy all the files in your C:\bb\styles directory to it. That includes both .STX and .STY files. That way you have a backup copy of all your styles.

JC
Posted By: rharv Re: upgrade - 06/28/18 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: dave1990
Thanks
.. They really cut back on the styles from the 2007.5

After you got them running you still think they cut back the styles?
If so, something may be awry.
You may need to run some installers or do the aforementioned Rebuild of the list or something.
There should be a ton more styles than there were back then.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: upgrade - 06/29/18 10:58 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking Dave must have had the MegaPAK or higher back in 2007 (which would have included all the MIDI styles).

The Pro has always included a small selection of MIDI styles (750 out of 2300), so someone going from a 2007.5 Mega or higher to a 2018 Pro would have lots of new stuff to play with, but less MIDI styles specifically.

The current MegaPAK has around 20% of the RealTracks, but would have all of those old MIDI styles.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums