PG Music Home
Posted By: devonplayer new computer and input driver problem - 10/10/18 03:49 AM
I have installed biab 2007 to my new computer W10 and use a tv monitor these days via hdmi for the speakers. Nvida 1060 video card.

I cannot fathom how to import drivers to BIAB, output shows Microsoft etc. inport does not display any drivers I do have a Tyros and there is a dvd with driver but it did not seem to upload to windows 10
Please help an oldie! in 80's
John
Posted By: Noel96 Re: new computer and input driver problem - 10/10/18 04:39 AM
John,

Have a look at the link below. Even though it's for the latest version of BIAB, the setup process is still pretty much the same today as it was in 2007.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461558#Post461558

The big difference is that when setting up the midi driver, you will not have CoyoteWaveTable or CoyoteWT (steps #3 and #6 in the MIDI set up which is given under "Secondly..." in the above thread).

Instead, you will need to choose Roland VSC/DXi or it might also be called VSC/DXi.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel, I will have to run my ipad and follow those instruction from link on my windows 10 pc
Posted By: Mikke Re: new computer and input driver problem - 10/10/18 11:53 AM
Hey devonplayer,

Unfortunately the Roland VSC is not compatible with Windows 10. This may be why you are running into Output errors.

It would be the most ideal to upgrade, as we have come a long way over the past eleven years. Don't forget you get upgrade pricing!

You will be able to run Band-in-a-Box, and RealTracks, but please note you will not be able to work in MIDI unless you are using a different MIDI Synth.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: new computer and input driver problem - 10/10/18 07:25 PM
John,

What Mikke's comments means in relation to the MIDI set-up I referred you to is that #3, #4, #5, #6 settings on the middle image (found at the link I gave above) can be ignored.

Make sure that the checkboxes #4 and #5 are not selected.

Also, make sure that "Microsoft GS Wavetable" (#2) is selected. This will tell BIAB to use your soundcard as the MIDI synth.

I don't have Windows 10 but on my Windows 7 system, the above set-up works fine (I just tried it).

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Roland VSC is just another type of sound synthesiser that came with BIAB 2007. Also, BIAB 2007 does not have Realtracks (Mikke mentioned these) so don't worry that you cannot find them. Realtracks were not introduced until BIAB 2008.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: new computer and input driver problem - 10/10/18 10:29 PM
Unless Microsoft added it in one of their updates, some editions of Windows 10 do not include the GS wavetable.

So it is very possible he is not hearing any midi playback because there is no sound module.
Thanks all, (had a minor electric breakdown at home overnight, light switch needed changing) so have not progressed further at the moment)

However I had a look in my biab options and output driver is in for Microsoft GS wavetable so should get it for input.
Posted By: jford Re: new computer and input driver problem - 10/11/18 12:52 PM
You can also get the Coyote Forte for $40 from PGMusic. That will give you a 32-bit DXi synth (which works fine on 64-bit Windows) for BIAB. BIAB 2007 should be able to use it just fine and it will enable you to render directly from MIDI to audio. With the Microsoft WavTable, you have to "record" the the entire track in real time to capture it to audio, since it doesn't support direct render. Newer versions of BIAB include the CoyoteWT (which is different from the Coyote Forte), which essentially just wraps the Microsoft WavTable as a DXi so you can do direct renders. The sounds, however, are exactly the same as the Microsoft WavTable.
Hi Devonplayer,

Which Tyros do you have, specifically? Yamaha may have a compatible driver available for download from their website.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums