PG Music Home
Am I thinking through this correctly. I bought Classical Midi Pianist years ago and while the program no longer works. I still have the original songs put into midi form. When I load these midi files I'm asked whether I want them as staves, or channels. into Crescendo Music staff, but instead of placing it on two staves, Treble and Bass cleft like piano music has. It prints out to only a treble cleft. I can't find a set cross point between clefts point adjustment any where in the software and if I set up a couple of lines of the way I want the staves, it ignores that and comes in saying that the piano file is on many channels which it isn't. It's only a piano file. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
OK Good news I figured it out. When I create my template. Piano staff I have to manually assign the split point, and also shut down 15 other midi channels manually. Kind of tedious but it works unless there is a way to automatically turn them off as a group. Upon doing that the score appears as it should. Some of the composed classical pieces Debussey for example are real hard to play. and this program will capture everything down to a 64th note. Which it seems like quite a few of them have. Is this why the reportore piano teachers use is so limited? I've never heard a quarter of the songs in midi Classical Pianist played anywhere? Also the default mid tempo is always 120 and I don't think that is accurate. What is the most common tempo for most classical piano music?
For classical Piano pieces how many measures across a page should people use. Involved stuff seems to only fit 2 measures wide. Wouldn't this drive most people crazy? or is the thought process behind this much different than training for jazz? Sorry if I am not making sense, I'm just trying to build the correct mindsets.
© PG Music Forums