PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Ode to Wolf - 09/13/16 09:54 AM
Mostly BB/RB tracks in this. A song I wrote for a buddy of mine who played a huge role in my life, he introduced me to my wife, and ultimately, he lost the battle he fought against cancer. He loved music and played guitar and mandolin.

Ode To Wolf
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Ode to Wolf - 09/13/16 02:45 PM
Such a moving tribute to your friend... and a beautiful song in its own right.The images are great ... those look like some memorable gatherings.

Robert
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Ode to Wolf - 09/13/16 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Such a moving tribute to your friend... and a beautiful song in its own right.The images are great ... those look like some memorable gatherings.

Robert

Wolf had purchased some property in the VA mountains near a town called Fancy Gap. Every year at the end of August.... close to his birthday, he would have a festival celebrating life and music.... he loved bluegrass music. We attended the very first one and as many as we could depending on the kids and our schedules. He married his love at one of them.... and we always had a good time at all of them. When he got sick, he had to sell the property and move closer to family. He was in remission for a short time when the cancer returned. Some of the photos are his friends scattering his ashes on the property in the hills which was sold to one of his friends.

Several folks tried to keep the festival going. However, without the driving force of Wolf, and it not being in the hills, and being moved from one place to another for several years, folks just lost interest and this year was the first year that it didn't happen.
© PG Music Forums