PG Music Home
YouTube link: Estes Park Christmas

"Estes Park Christmas" is a YouTube video slideshow that celebrates the beauty of this little mountain town nestled beneath the grandeur of Rocky Mountain National Park. I wrote the song back in 1999 using orchestral backing in BIAB, mostly MIDI instrumentation. A number of years later the song was recreated using BIAB RealTracks and a country/acoustic feel for inclusion in the album "Tropicowboy" by Brad Fitch, a John Denver stylist and tribute artist. In 2014 the song was included in Brad's "Christmas Time With You" album and will be featured this year (Nov 26, 2016) in Brad's "Colorado Christmas" concert at the famous Stanley Hotel, in Estes Park, Colorado. http://cowboybrad.com/

Local photographer, Marsha Hobert, supplied the amazing pictures for the project. Since then we have recreated the video using other local photographers' work and plan to re-release a new version regularly. I will be posting a song analysis and SoundCloud link in the User Showcase soon. All the music in this production is entirely BIAB.

Enjoy, Bob
Hello Bob,

This is wonderful! I need an Estes Park Christmas too! smile Thank you for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team
Beautifully done, Bob. Love the whole laid back approach to the song. The images go so well with the lyrics; I really enjoyed a road trip to Colorado a few years back and the images bring memories back in packs.
It is obvious a lot of time went into something that can be listened to and seen in only 4 minutes.
Very impressive from start to finish.

It's good to hear country music being used in a seasonal spirit.

Well done.
Originally Posted By: Pauline - PG Music
Hello Bob,

This is wonderful! I need an Estes Park Christmas too! smile Thank you for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team

I might have to drive up there and have me one too! smile

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Originally Posted By: Tacoma290
Beautifully done, Bob. Love the whole laid back approach to the song. The images go so well with the lyrics; I really enjoyed a road trip to Colorado a few years back and the images bring memories back in packs.
It is obvious a lot of time went into something that can be listened to and seen in only 4 minutes.

I lived in Estes Park for nearly twenty years. My kids were born there. It's an amazing place. The town is right out of Northern Exposure. Summer and Winter are so different there and of course Christmas is just beautiful.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Very impressive from start to finish.

It's good to hear country music being used in a seasonal spirit.

Well done.

I like the country version better than the original orchestral version. Definitely suits my voice better. This song is the only waltz I ever wrote. Also, there is a later version of this video with updated photography from master nature photog, James Frank. Check it out on YouTube.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
There's that one "weird" chord choice in the chorus that kept my fingers off the stop button. Always a good trick (intentional or not) to include something that gives the listener that "wait, what was that?!" and keep them interested.
Nice one (and this from a guy who decidedly hates country) cool
© PG Music Forums