PG Music Home
Posted this vid recently.
Hope its helpful.
Rob
Melodist Band in a Box
This concept is well worth covering in a tutorial, if you ask me. I actually used this nifty tool in my very latest "Showcase" song - it did such a great job that I didn't even admit to having used it! blush
Thanks for having a look Icelander.
I dont always use melodist but it sure helps when your stuck for ideas.
Rob
Very detailed and informative video, Rob smile I can definitely see this coming in hand for a lot of folks! Thanks for sharing!
I Deryk. Definitely a handy feature.
Thanks for viewing.
Rob
Nice tutorial. Good information to help one get started with their song. Biab is a great tool and a wonderful hobby for me since retirement.

Charlie
Rob,

This is an excellent tutorial! Maybe this should be put in the tips forum.

I learn something new about BiaB every day.
Thanks. A useful video. I've used the melodist a bit for chords on occasion and I've also used it for melodies if I'm stuck on a part of a song like a bridge or a chorus. My only feeling with the melodies is that they can be a bit too complicated but it does get the creative juices flowing.
Originally Posted By: lambada
Thanks. A useful video. I've used the melodist a bit for chords on occasion and I've also used it for melodies if I'm stuck on a part of a song like a bridge or a chorus. My only feeling with the melodies is that they can be a bit too complicated but it does get the creative juices flowing.

Hi Lambada. I agree.
Maybe PG could come up with a simplified melody option.
I will often keep reloading the melody till I get some thing I like or at least some part of the melody I can use.
Here is a track I wrote entirely with the melodist feature. Just shows what you can come up with. Thanks for your comments. Rob

I'm Sorry
Very Roy Orbison sound. Great
That was great, Rob. Thanks.
I've been wanting to take my backing tracks to the next level. Definitely going to follow along this tutorial.
© PG Music Forums