PG Music Home
They don't make 'em like that anymore. grin
I love this - what a great find!!!!
I don't know about you guys, but watching this after midnight on a rainy friday night is [*****] HILARIOUS!! grin
Thanks for sharing this! Indeed, it is very funny - but for me at least, it was cool to see what the software looked like way back when.
One of the most engrossing videos I've seen. I've never heard of a Cyprus computer. I loved the part about 5 1/4" disk drives versus 3 1/2" disk drives and how a good salesman can turn any negative into a positive.

True story, me and four workmates bid and won a pallet of Home Shopping Network (HSN) returned computers. The salvage yard would only sell complete pallets. The computer I selected was a (Korean firm) Goldstar 286 AT clone with a 5 1/4" drive, 3 1/2" drive and a 10 Megabyte MFM hard drive. The accessories included keyboard, mouse and CGA color monitor. I added a kit that included a Creative SoundBlaster 16, gameport to midi cable adaptor and Sequencer Plus Junior by Voyetra Technologies. I ran audio cables from the Creative line out to my stereo system. Then I bought Band-in-a-Box. I input midi with a small Casio keyboard and Casio DG-20 midi guitar controller. Quite the system for the time. The only issue was I was on the road for 40 to 50 weeks a year so wasn't able to play with it much. I spent as much time relearning as I did playing.
“Now we messed it all up - they’s all kinds of wrong chords in there”.

In 1977, I used to strap my TRS-80 into the passenger seat and drive to TV stations to do shows like that. I hope no film survived.
© PG Music Forums