Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association

Posted by: Charlie Fogle

Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/02/18 04:17 AM

Cherish - The Association

This is a Lyric Music Video I created in Windows Movie Maker in just a few minutes. I imported a background photo, downloaded the song lyrics and cut/pasted the lyrics using the Captions Button. I added a Title and Credits and then imported my audio and checked the Fit to Music Button, saved and done.

The song was done completely in Band in a Box 2018. I started by importing a MIDI file. This populated the chord chart and placed the midi on the Melody Track. Using the Sequencer, I removed the melody tracks from the midi file as well as other tracks that I wanted BIAB generated tracks to play.

In the StylePicker, I searched for the song title - Cherish. From the search list, I was actually satisfied with the first style on the list;

_GRVYPNO.STY - Memo: Instruments include acoustic piano, jazz funk drums, electric bass, organ, and acoustic guitar. Tempo=110 (90-130). I added the RealTrack 2975 Ooohs & Aaahs for some background vocals to complete the track.

Cherish, written by Terry Kirkman and recorded by The Association was #1 for three weeks in 1966.

Enjoy singing along and comments are welcome.
Posted by: jford

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/02/18 04:43 AM

Very nice, Charlie. I was definitely singing along.
Posted by: VideoTrack

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/03/18 04:07 AM

Great arrangement Charlie

(I cannot tell a lie. I was singing along too)

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/03/18 09:59 PM

John and Trevor,

Thanks for the kind comments and the sing alongs....

Charlie
Posted by: Noel96

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/03/18 11:50 PM

Hey Charlie!

Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too. I remember this song so clearly from when I was quite a bit younger. It's a great arrangement that you've put together smile

It's pretty good way to start 2018!

All the best for the new year.
Noel
Posted by: VideoTrack

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/04/18 03:56 PM

Quote:
Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too.

Ha ha, "world choir". I did get more than a smile from that one. grin

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/04/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:
Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too.

Ha ha, "world choir". I did get more than a smile from that one. grin

Noel's remark had me thinking there's a "We are the World" kind of thing going on here at the forum...

or at least some future candidates for ooh & aah's RealTracks.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the arrangement. I was amazed to learn the song is as old as it turned out to be when I researched the composer to include in the credits.
Posted by: Pat Marr

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 02/09/18 07:03 AM

Hi Charlie,

I'm late to the party, but I want to congratulate you on the nice versions of CHERISH and LISTEN TO THE MUSIC you've posted recently! You make a good point about starting with a MIDI file that already contains the signature passages. MIDI files are available from many sources, and its a great way to start a cover song in BIAB.

I've always manually entered my own MIDI in the Piano roll editor, so I guess my approach makes it harder than it has to be... (and also skewed my opinion about how hard it is to make great-sounding cover songs with BIAB.)

Thanks to you and 90db for providing such good examples of what's possible.

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 02/09/18 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Charlie,

I'm late to the party, but I want to congratulate you on the nice versions of CHERISH and LISTEN TO THE MUSIC you've posted recently! You make a good point about starting with a MIDI file that already contains the signature passages. MIDI files are available from many sources, and its a great way to start a cover song in BIAB.

I've always manually entered my own MIDI in the Piano roll editor, so I guess my approach makes it harder than it has to be... (and also skewed my opinion about how hard it is to make great-sounding cover songs with BIAB.)

Thanks to you and 90db for providing such good examples of what's possible.

Thanks. I suggested using MIDI for songs to Joanne Cooper some time back and she did a wonderful and thorough step by step tutorial Blog on her website that's useful to beginners and the more advanced as well.
Posted by: Deryk - PG Music

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 02/28/18 07:49 AM

Nice work here, Charlie. The lyric video is spot on, and you did a great job on your rendition of this song! Very easy to sing along to - thanks for sharing smile

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 03/01/18 03:27 AM

Thanks for stopping by Deryk. It was a fun project to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Posted by: 90 dB

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 03/02/18 03:14 PM

Charlie,

This is great! One of my favorite songs. Well done.

Regards,

Bob

Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 03/03/18 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Charlie,

This is great! One of my favorite songs. Well done.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks for listening. It's one of my favorites too.