PG Music Home
Posted By: Paco Estelles My doubt - 02/05/23 05:36 PM
Hi all,

I have generated a song. Now, for further edit I would like to have it in midi and load it in my cubase. The problem comes when in "save special" it only saves the generated melody and not the other traks. This never hppened to me before. As far as I can see the piano roll with the notes of, for example, the piano comp, I understand midi has been generated. How can I save it as midi (not as wav) to import it in my DAW? Thank you very much in advance
Posted By: DrDan Re: My doubt - 02/05/23 06:08 PM
Try this...

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-02-05 150728.jpg
Posted By: Paco Estelles Re: My doubt - 02/05/23 07:57 PM
Thank you very much! I did it, but still does not work.....frustrated....
Posted By: DrDan Re: My doubt - 02/05/23 09:20 PM
Tell us exactlly what style you are using. Or upload the.sgu/mgu file for us to test. But first do a return to factory settings and try one last time.
Posted By: MarioD Re: My doubt - 02/05/23 10:28 PM
If the song is all Realtracks (RTs) look for a line under each instrument, i.e. drums, piano, etc. If there is a line under all instruments then you can save it as MIDI. However if there is no line under the instruments then you can not save it as MIDI.

Let us know what style you are using so we can check it out.

If you can drag and drop MIDI files into Cubase then using the DAW mode is the easiest way to proceed IMHO. I can drag and drop a complete MIDI song from BiaB to Studio One Pro 6.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: My doubt - 02/06/23 12:29 AM
Hi Paco,

In addition to @MusicStudent's and @MarioD's thoughts, if music notation exists for a Realtrack (this is what the line under the name means that Mario mentioned), you can use "File | Save Special | Save as MIDI"... but... you will need to adjust the options so that the notation is saved. To do that, follow the 1, 2, 3 on the image below. You will need to activate #3 (it's not activated on my image).

NOTE: This is not converting the Realtrack (which is an audio file) into a MIDI file (which is a digital instruction file and not an audio file). This is using the Realtracks notation to emulate the Realtrack. You will need to set up its instruments, reverb, tone, etc., in Cubase.

Hope this helps.
--Noel

Attached picture midi - save realtracks as midi (if notation exists).jpg
© PG Music Forums