PG Music Home
Posted By: Banj O’Lover Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/18/23 12:39 AM
Hello Folks!

I'm trying to simply drag and drop my tracks into Logic Pro X. I'm able to do it but ONLY if I drop it into another folder first, which is ok BUUUUUUT I'm worried about hard drive space and it's an additional few steps that would be nice to eliminate.

I've tried the plug-in interface within Logic ProX but I prefer the interface of the standalone version of BIAB

anyone?

Thanks!

Stefan
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/18/23 11:54 PM
Try dropping the tracks onto the Drop Station in the upper left of the program window - WAV or AIFF should work best for Logic.

Dragging directly from the tracks in BB into certain DAWs doesn't always work - this is because the file that you're dragging doesn't "exist" yet, and what you're actually dragging is the "promise" of a file. Apps like Finder tend to work fine, but some DAWs don't like that.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/19/23 12:08 AM
Yes, click/hold the Master radio button and drag it to the WAV entry on the drop station. Then after it changes color, drag it from the drop station to your DAW.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-12-19_11-05-43.jpg
Posted By: Banj O’Lover Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/20/23 06:39 PM
Ok Great! this works for the Master as well as individual tracks! nice shortcut for sure.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/21/23 02:01 AM
As above. About space, there is a folder in BIAB called /bb/dragdrop

Files can build up here, big time. What you have to determine is whether your DAW stores the audio within a DAW project, or whether the DAW requires that the audio stays in that /bb/dragdrop folder.
Posted By: Banj O’Lover Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/21/23 03:57 AM
Thanks for the folder location Matt! it will be helpful for Memory maintenance.
Posted By: Banj O’Lover Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/21/23 03:57 AM
!!! Thanks!!!
Posted By: TRYUK Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/21/23 08:10 AM
Or of course you could just use the plugin which works fine in Logic to do this.
Posted By: Banj O’Lover Re: Drag & Drop into Logic Pro X - 12/21/23 08:20 AM
Yes, thanks! I've tried the plug-in interface but many of the features seem hidden .. I do not prefer it. I do Like the idea that it could potentially save steps so I'm thinking I'll try again.
© PG Music Forums