PG Music Home
Posted By: sdantonio Soloist hitting target notes - 04/08/24 01:17 AM
Hi All,

First I have to admit that I haven't a clue what category to put this question in.

1. Lets sat I have a chord progression in BIaB (lets say those changes are "Rhythm Changes").
2. Let's say I have a specific set of target notes and I want the soloist track to be constrained so it hits those target notes for each chord as it composes a solo.
3. It doesn't have to emphasize those notes or do anything special with them. Just has to hit them.

First, is this possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thank you
Steven
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soloist hitting target notes - 04/08/24 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by sdantonio
Hi All,

First I have to admit that I haven't a clue what category to put this question in.

1. Lets sat I have a chord progression in BIaB (lets say those changes are "Rhythm Changes").
2. Let's say I have a specific set of target notes and I want the soloist track to be constrained so it hits those target notes for each chord as it composes a solo.
3. It doesn't have to emphasize those notes or do anything special with them. Just has to hit them.

First, is this possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thank you
Steven
Firstly, welcome to the forums, even though you have been around for a while.
Secondly, this particular forum is an ideal place for your question.

Unfortunately, I am not aware that BIAB can achieve exactly what you are looking for, but I'm not a power user of the soloist functions. Others may know more.
There are some settings available that might control the range of notes compared to any melody notation that you have. This might be a place to start.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2024-04-08_12-28-18.jpg
Posted By: sdantonio Re: Soloist hitting target notes - 04/08/24 02:38 AM
Thank you, Ill give that a shot tomorrow
© PG Music Forums