PG Music Home
Greetings new users!

Although BIAB is an extremely powerful program, it can be confusing to someone who doesn't have experience with computer based music. I also know that posting questions isn't something everyone feels comfortable doing. I'd like to offer my assistance and tips to anyone who is struggling, I've been using BIAB almost everyday since 1990 in the Atari days. I've been through just about every hurdle you can imagine, so please feel free to message me or just ask here, we all learn together, good luck and enjoy this amazing program!!
Edward
That is an incredibly kind offer of your time.

THANK YOU!

Does this also include RealBand questions?
Thanks Ed! There's the Christmas Spirit!
Posted By: rworkman Re: Offering help & tips to all new users! - 12/10/16 06:43 PM
I'm totally new to BIAB, just purchased the new 2017 Everything Pack, and looking forward to getting up to speed.
Glad to know there are folks here that are willing to help the newcomers!
I'm pretty much an "Ole Timer", but I do have a bit of experience with Cakewalk Sonar.

Look forward to makin some music!
Posted By: props2 Re: Offering help & tips to all new users! - 12/10/16 07:42 PM
Sheeesh... I cant get past listening to all the great stylepicker demo's and messing with those,let alone learning how to program something. Way too cool.
Posted By: Bvtch! Re: Offering help & tips to all new users! - 12/11/16 03:45 PM
Hello all, just purchased BIAB 2017 today. Iv'e watched videos on Youtube etc and finally bit the bullet and purchased the program.

I have one niggle that might be down to the way i installed it?

Every time i try to use a style it tells me that the style is not available etc! Is there a way to turn of styles that are not installed rather than going into the preferences every time i change one of them?

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum Bvtch and congratulations on your purchase. Can you tell us which version of BIAB you purchased? Pro, Mega, Ultra etc.? Since there are several versions of BIAB it sounds like you may not have purchased all the styles. These can be added on, or you can even ask Sales to make an upgrade. But here's what you probably want to know:

When choosing a style you can bring up the Style Picker dialog, then click on Other in the pull-down choices at the top left, and choose Select the Styles that are Found/Not Found. This brings up a submenu where you choose Show Only Styles that are Found.

Note in the general area there are a few other choices, such as showing what you do NOT have.

Also, in the main BIAB menus, you can do Options, What Add-ons Do I have to see a list of what you have installed.
Posted By: Bvtch! Re: Offering help & tips to all new users! - 12/11/16 06:38 PM
Hello and thank you for the quick reply. I reckon iv'e got the Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Version 2017 (453). Basic i guess. Had a look at the "what have i got" menu and even with glasses on its hard to workout. I take it the faded newspaper style txt means i don't and the more legible means i have it? I'll have a play around with it. I suppose i'd have to pay more to get better styles? The basic ones are ok, dont get me wrong but, if i used the ones i liked more than once i'd be in status quo/rolling stones if you catch my drift. I was hoping for more Rockabilly styles as in Scotty Moore style but the ones that are here tend to be more stevey ray vaughan (rockabilly)? Like i said i'll have a play. Would be nice if it only let you see what you have. I purchased base on the real sounds, midi (GM/XM) i can do without as its always been nasty ( good for some things and not so great for others).

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums