PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy A - USA Chords resetting to simple? - 01/12/17 10:26 PM
I get a pop-up (yellow box, bottom right corner), and I'm not sure what triggers it, I can't figure how to make it display.

It's gone so quickly and it's a 5 or so lines of text I can't read it all. (I know I can change that showing time, but other times I don't want to see it at all and this pop-up is rare.)

Anyway, somewhere when I start to play the song, the pop-up says something like the chords I'm using are complex and they've been reset...something about changing that in (maybe) Options... and something about "global". I've Searched but can't find anything under "simple" or "global" that seems to relate.

Can someone point me in that direction? I need to know what is being changed.

Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Chords resetting to simple? - 01/12/17 10:31 PM
I believe you might be seeing implementation of a new feature called natural arrangements. From the Help file:

Natural Arrangements option has been added. If you give a pro musician, a complicated chord progression, with fancy extensions like C7b9b13 or Gm11, the musician may reinterpret these rather than playing them exactly as written. This can achieve a much better sounding arrangement because the musician has freedom to choose from similar chord extensions. Now you can get Band-in-a-Box to do the same thing; you can set this on a global basis (all songs, all tracks), song basis (current song, all tracks), or individual tracks (current song, specific track(s)).

One way to reset it is to use Control-N
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Chords resetting to simple? - 01/12/17 10:48 PM
That's it! I think. I saw "Natural" in there now that you said it, Jim. I'll give it a try. I'm sure BB is smarter than me, and because I'm not a trained musician and can't manipulate the actual notation, I'm trying to place names on a few runs of chords that are unique here and there. Usually they are triad progressions.

Thanks, Jim.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Chords resetting to simple? - 01/12/17 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Andy A - USA
I get a pop-up (yellow box, bottom right corner), and I'm not sure what triggers it, I can't figure how to make it display.

It's gone so quickly and it's a 5 or so lines of text I can't read it all. (I know I can change that showing time, but other times I don't want to see it at all and this pop-up is rare.)

Anyway, somewhere when I start to play the song, the pop-up says something like the chords I'm using are complex and they've been reset...something about changing that in (maybe) Options... and something about "global". I've Searched but can't find anything under "simple" or "global" that seems to relate.

Can someone point me in that direction? I need to know what is being changed.

Thanks.

You can read those yellow/green messages from the Help button on the top menu.

Help/Utilities/Display Log text file of yellow/green messages.
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Chords resetting to simple? - 01/12/17 11:29 PM
EXCELLENT! Thank you, Jim. CHARLIE (and thank you, Jim, also!)
© PG Music Forums