PG Music Home
Posted By: fr3sh Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 10:52 AM
Hi I'm new here. I'm wondering if it's posible to play live.
Connecting a Midi keyboard and playing left hand chord and right hand notates?

Something like in ONE MAN BAND?
Posted By: jacko_karel Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 11:59 AM
Using BIAB to play live I also find it interesting. They are to common questions among those interested in buying BIAB
Posted By: fr3sh Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 12:16 PM
That's not answer my question smile
I would like to arrange my music when I play chords and notes.
What I saw on tutorials they are always prepare chords before frown

Live playing is what Im looking for.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 12:23 PM
Fr3sh,

BIAB isn't able to play live following left hand chords. You'd need to enter the songs ahead of time.
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 12:26 PM
without entering the chords first you would only get the drum part of the style
Posted By: jford Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 03:33 PM
BIAB does not work like an arranger keyboard (where you can just hit the chord in your left hand and play melody in your right hand to the accompaniment generated based on the chord).

BIAB requires the chords to be entered first. It's always been this way, even in the MIDI only days, when they might actually have been able to do it in real time. However, even then, BIAB "looked ahead" to see what was coming next to determine the appropriate accompaniment.

With RealTracks, however, there would be no way BIAB could keep up with generating appropriate audio parts in real time, so yes, you need to have the chord progression first.

That being said, you can step-time enter chords from your MIDI keyboard by playing the chord on the keyboard and pressing CTRL-ENTER to enter the corresponding chord. Look at page 24 in the PDF user manual for more information on this. You would then have to enter the melody lines separately.
Posted By: fr3sh Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/08/17 07:19 PM
Thank you all for the answer. I saw in this program true potential but if it not capable of play live then I think one man band is more sufficient for me.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Midi controler notates+chords - 02/12/17 05:14 PM
RapidComposer has this feature, a little keyboard button on the Master track.
It can be done with midi as it can be changed in an instant but audio you can't do that, but who knows PG maybe working on it ?
© PG Music Forums