PG Music Home
Posted By: jerrypettit Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 01:57 PM
I've let the Audio Wizard import a map and make a tempo map. I want to have a steady tempo now.

Other than going bar by bar, is there some way of erasing those tempo changes and having a steady tempo?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 02:31 PM
Set the Tempo to the desired number: Then open Bar Settings (F5)
In bar settings (F5):Reset all bars

This is a quick way to do it if you have not made any other bar setting changes. If you have, you reset everything.

or

File\Open Special\Audio Chord Wizard Utilities\Erase Tempo Map

This only erases the tempo map.

Charlie
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 06:44 PM
Ah, bless your heart.

I think I came across the reset all bars, but thought that zeroed out the chords, too.

Thanks a million!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 09:02 PM
No problem. Glad to help.

Charlie
Posted By: lambada Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 09:51 PM
Funnily enough, I was playing around with this last night. Very weird. You can also just re-import turning off the Tempo Map check box. When I used Tempo Map it put all the tempos at variations of 250-350 bpm and altered every bar when I imported into BIAB. I love the idea of the Audio Wizard but I'm not finding it very practical. Far too many chord combinations and I have trouble sorting out the tempos. It seems to put beats in for several different instruments. The bass notes are a nice thing. I'd be interested to know how others find it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/20/17 10:12 PM
I agree it's a learned skill, but I really love the ACW. It is a great analytical tool.

One way to practice that helped me along was to download songs from the User Forum. Having the key signature information and tempo helps to understand what the ACW is doing.

Also, if you have access to a multitrack file, just using a rhythm guitar track, bass or drums can benefit getting an accurate tempo.

Charlie
Posted By: jford Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 02/21/17 02:00 PM
And just a reminder that if you are still using the underlying audio as part of your project, if you delete the tempo map, that underlying audio won't change and will now be out of sync with the BIAB arrangement.

I have requested several times the ability for the ACW through BIAB/RealBand be able to take the multi-tempo results and normalize them across all tracks (including the audio track). It seems to me that since the programs do such a good job of time stretching anyway, this should be mathematically feasible. Maybe one day we'll get it.
Posted By: Qualmfoy Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 05/20/21 02:39 PM
sadly, this is no option in the Mac Version. I wonder why. Did they forget it to implement?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Way to erase tempo map? - 05/20/21 03:28 PM
Hi Qualmfoy,

I've just had a quick look through the manual for Mac 2020 and there's a "Clear all bars" in "Bar Settings" that should erase the tempo map. The information is on page 152.

Before using this, make sure that you save a backup copy of your song so that you can get back to the original if you need to.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums