PG Music Home
Posted By: totalnovice wrote original part, then it disappeared - 03/06/17 07:00 PM
Hi. I am trying to write an original piano part into a song. I used the notation mode to put the notes in that I wanted played. It seemed to work. But when I opened the song today to work on it more, the part was gone. I have tried several times to enter specific parts, for other songs and other instruments, only to have more work meet the same fate. What am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy.

BTW there is a reason for my user name so I need the for Dummies version. Thanks

Oh, and piano roll attempt failed as well.
You mentioned that you used Notation Mode to 'put the notes'.

Presumably this meant clicking on the stave in Edit mode? Or did you use a different method?

Did you do this on the Melody track or Soloist track, or a different track?

Other tracks will be overwritten when the song generates. You must use the Melody or Soloist track to enter your own notes.

Please let us know if this assists.

Attached picture 2017-03-07_11-46-03.jpg
Attached picture 2017-03-07_11-48-30.jpg
As above. One exception: it is possible to use other tracks if they are assigned to MIDI, but you must freeze the track to save it. Using the Melody and or Soloist is the preferred way, and assign the appropriate instrument (patch).
© PG Music Forums