PG Music Home
Posted By: lifesize creating own ending - 03/10/17 09:26 PM
so far, i'm unable to make my own ending.(BinB '16). all i want to do is enter my own chords, number of measures. after viewing vid about fake book, etc., i'm still at a loss. any ideas? (p.s. i'm dumb, but maybe not hopeless)
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: creating own ending - 03/12/17 10:35 AM
Here's how I work things.

First I "unfold" the song to ONE CHORUS rather than using the default repeat 3x. The default is just too confusing to me and once in the song, if you divert your attention, you don't know what repetition you are in. The unfolded long form shows you instantly and starting in the third verse is as easy as clicking on the spot you want. Unfold it if you haven't already done that.

Then, at the end of the song, I add about 8 to 12 additional measures. Note: You can also click a box to get rid of the factory 2 and 4 bar endings. I just add more measures and don't mess with clicking a box.

After you have the proper length plus 8 or 12, simply write the song and create the ending you want in the bars available. Normally you end on a hold or use a faded ending. So.... just be sure there's enough measures to accomplish that and you should be good.

DUST ON THE FLOOR on my music page is a fine example of a song that I used this exact method to accomplish the ending.
Posted By: lifesize Re: creating own ending - 03/14/17 01:35 AM
wanna thank you. haven't followed through yet, buit that's on me. as a beginner, i appreciate help.
© PG Music Forums