PG Music Home
I'm experiencing a problem in changing the custom setting for the RealTracks folder in RealTracks settings. When I open BIAB, there is a yellow message advising that no RealTracks can be found for the style chosen (which does include RealTracks).
My RealTracks folder is on an external USB drive (ie. drive E) but when I access RealTracks Settings, it will not allow me to place a tick in the box so that I can choose a custom folder instead of: c\bb\RealTracks.

Clicking on the help tab brings up the following dialog:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can choose an alternate location by pressing on the folder button and picking an alternate folder. Then, click on the [Update] button to confirm the new location.

Technical Note: The custom folder location is remembered in C:\Users\Public\Ticket\Band-in-a-Box Folder Locations.txt, so it will be remembered even after you reset Band-in-a-Box to factory settings or erase the interface.bbw configuration file.

You don’t need to visit this folder when using RealTracks; it is used internally by Band-in-a-Box, so you shouldn’t add or remove files from this RealTracks folder unless you "know what you’re doing."

If Band-in-a-Box cannot find your RealTracks folder a yellow hint message appears at boot up to alert you to that, and tells you how to fix it: "Note: You have RealTracks installed, but none are found in your RealTracks folder. You should point to your correct RealTracks folder."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've looked at the txt file which is mentioned above, and it incorrectly shows the RealTracks location as: C:\bb\RealTracks\

Furthermore, when I open Realband, the following message box appears:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You have set your RealTracks folder to E:\bb\RealTracks\, but Band-in-a-Box program has recently been with RealTracks set to C:\bb\RealTracks\

Ok to change the setting to C:\bb\RealTracks\ ?"

Does anyone know how I can point BIAB to the correct RealTracks location ?
I installed RealTracks and RealDrums (ie. Drums) to the E drive when I installed BIAB UltraPlusPAK, but it appears that I must have inadvertently input drive C as the location for RealTracks when I ran Setup, although the location for Drums is correctly showing as drive E.
I've even tried re-installing just the BIAB program and input the Realtracks and RealDrums location as E:\bb on the Setup menu, but unfortunately the problem remains.
The BIAB 2017 and Realband programs are installed on my C drive (ie. my PC's internal drive).

Does anyone know of an easy solution ? If not, I'll contact the technical helpline.
Hi Andy,

This is a problem with a solution! A free update to the latest version, which is here....
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#461

Somehow that checkbox got broken in the version you have, so we apologize for that one, and made a patch for it. On the bright side, the new version (461) has some cool features as well as the fix for that. The coolest feature is that it boots up 2-10x faster, with one guy in Scotland getting it to bootup in 1 second (2-4 seconds is more typical)
Thank you Peter.
The solution worked fine and everything now seems to be working as it should.

I did check for updates as soon as I'd installed BIAB 2017 two days ago, even though your downloads screen stated that the software is guaranteed to be the latest build, but obviously this solution is part of a Beta update patch FOR the latest build.

I was beginning to wish that I'd waited for the USB drive to arrive and then installed everything from that instead. Nevermind, all's well that ends well.

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums