PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM Can I add a memo note to a bar - 05/15/17 04:04 PM
I have a BB file that is a medley of three tunes and it changes about through the 120 bars. My prob is i forget where i am when playing to it. is it possible to add a note to say bar 37 saying say "sorry suzanne" and then a different note someplace else to cue up what comes next and so on so that it nudges me?
WendyM
Posted By: Dave Re: Can I add a memo note to a bar - 05/15/17 04:49 PM
I would use the TEXT function. You can place a piece of text in your song anyehere, above the staff, beloe it, or even on it. It cab be 'boxed' or left clear. It doesn't even need to be at the beginning of a bar. And as it is an event, it stays with the bar if you chane the order of the medley.

There may be other options, but this is my method.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can I add a memo note to a bar - 05/15/17 04:50 PM
Do you have lyrics in your song? If not, you could do it as a lyric.

If a single letter would do, such as "S", then you could use Bar-Based Section Letters.

Otherwise, I don't know how to do this. If no one else does, it would make a good suggestion for the BIAB Wishlist Forum.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Can I add a memo note to a bar - 05/16/17 05:26 AM
Hi. There are no lyrics because this ones a piano piece and the tune swaps about three different melodies. Im reading the chords off the main screen,I dont read music.
So are you saying I can add a LYRIC to the main screen except that this lyric is simply a memo to me when and where to change. I guess if i play it often enough i'll get to remember it but it would bea real help.
Whats the process for adding a lyric to a specific bar please?
WendyM
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can I add a memo note to a bar - 05/29/17 08:18 AM
Not sure if you ever got an answer to how to enter text or figured it out on your own...

From the VIEW toolbar, click on CHORD DISPLAY to select and open a drop down menu.

Select the first option: Layers

Select: Section Text - Alternately, you can also select Bar Lyrics

Your song can contain both Song Lyrics and Text remarks.
-----

Once you have completed these steps, you should see a new lightly colored section appear at the top of each measure's chord cell. Enter text in these sections.

Charlie

Attached picture Text in BIAB.JPG
Posted By: WendyM Re: Can I add a memo note to a bar - 06/05/17 06:46 AM
Sorry for delay Charlie. Been away working.
That does it. Many thanks
WendyM
© PG Music Forums