PG Music Home
Posted By: Torq2 Entering More chords - 05/17/17 06:00 PM
Hi,

I am trying to enter a song on Biab, which has three chords in the second box. So it goes, 1 2 3&4&, the chords being on the &4& beats, but I can't seem to make the box split anymore than 2 and can only get 1 2 3 4...etc
Is there a way of entering chords on the & beat?

Regards Torq2
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Entering More chords - 05/17/17 06:20 PM
An often repeated request, but unfortunately, 4 chords per bar is the maximum.

I understand that Norton Music has "expanded" (MIDI) styles, which allows that number to be increased, but native Biab only allows 4 AFAIK.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Entering More chords - 05/17/17 06:35 PM
Videotrack is correct about the program being limited to 4 chords per bar. Also, Notes Norton does have an excellent workaround in his expanded styles, a third-party product at nortonmusic.com

You can do chords on the 'and' of the beat using what BIAB calls a Push. Look in Help for 'Pushes, Shots and Holds'. The problem is you want three eight note chords in a row, and you can have only two, and only in certain configurations. When I have that situation, I write the notes in MIDI on the Melody or Soloist track. Often that is good enough to simulate the three chords in a row I need.

You could experiment with a workaround by doubling the length of the song and doubling the tempo. What used to go into one measure now goes into two. The notation will look weird, but if you can find a proper style, it can often work. If you have BIAB version 2017, you can now select double-time for any RealTrack or RealDrum, so your chances of making a style work are greatly increased.
© PG Music Forums