PG Music Home
Posted By: Christiaan Question about making backing tracks - 05/29/17 12:02 AM
Hi everybody.
I have a beginner question. I would buy biab, but before spend that money i would be sure if i can create backing tracks to play with my guitar after. The meaning is to make a backing track for example, let it be, from the beatles, but i want to play the chords on my guitar. So the backing track contains, drum, lead and solo guitar, some other instruments for accompagnment, but no guitar chords. Is this possible, and or diifficult ?
Thank you all for reply.
Christiaan
Posted By: wish Re: Question about making backing tracks - 05/29/17 08:04 AM
Hi Christian, that's exactly what I bought BiaB for, and it's really great.....except if you want a guitar lead break to sound like the original you will have to work on that via other processes. At the same time you can add your own lead while everything just plays behind you. I'm rather keen on the idea not trying to sound like the original...kinda of adds your own feel to the song. Is it easy??? Probably I would have to say yes when you get the basics but there is soooo much to learn if you want to get involved. I'm a long long way from that but loving my backing tracks.
Wish I had found this years ago but buy as much as you can possibly afford, you won't regret it.
Posted By: Christiaan Re: Question about making backing tracks - 05/29/17 10:52 AM
Thank you a lot for your reply. I am 63 old expat from Belgium, living on retirement in Bangkok, Thailand. My whole life i played the organ, and now keyboard yamaha psr s 750, but 3 months ago i bought an Epiphone SG guitar. I can read music notation, so i think it will go. Thanks to you i will buy the same pack as you did, higher is quit expensive. So, thank you very mutch, and hope to hear from you in a while.
Best regards,
Christiaan.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Question about making backing tracks - 05/29/17 03:40 PM
Christiaan,

PG Music offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.

With that in mind, what you could do it to get (say) the ProPak and give it a try. If the program doesn't do what you'd like it to do, then you can always ask for a refund provided it's within that 30-day window.

Most users on here use the UltraPlusPak. It's the cheapest package that has the complete collection of Realtracks, Realdrums and styles. The Pro and Mega packages use the same program engine but only provide a selection of Realtracks, Realdrums and styles.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Hope this helps,
Noel
Hi Christiaan

I wrote a couple of blog posts about this.

This is is how to make a backing track from scratch.
https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/6-simple-steps-to-make-cool-backing-tracks-using-band-in-a-box

And this one is about using a midi file to make backing tracks. https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/the-easy-way-to-create-a-backing-track-from-a-midi-file-using-realtracks-and-band-in-a-box
Posted By: Tobias Re: Question about making backing tracks - 06/02/17 12:15 AM
I play guitar and sing. I have created over 70 backing tracks with BIAB just as you are wanting to do. Proceed with confidence.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Question about making backing tracks - 06/02/17 12:34 AM
Hi Christian

I purchased BIAB back in 2011 as I was wanting a tool to practice with. After reading all the incredible things it could do and browsing a few of these forums I made the decision to purchase. I have not looked back it has made learning to play guitar again so much fun. I played the sample tracks until I decided to put some chords together, picked a style and made my first song. One bucket list items completed :-).. I did a few more and some of my friends and family liked them so I decided to upload it to Soundcloud and post it in the user showcase forum. I was so nervous thinking I would be ridiculed for what I had done. It was the exact opposite. The forum members invited and welcomed me in. I was offered some of the best advice to improve my songs from some of the kindest people I have ever met.. I now have 40 - 50 songs done and some collaborations with some other forum members.

I play everyday and try to visit the forums on a regular basis just to checking to hear some incredible music and hear how this software has made their lives more enjoyable.

Regards
Scott Collingwood
Posted By: Christiaan Re: Question about making backing tracks - 06/03/17 11:40 PM
Hi everybody.
Here is Christiaan, from Belgium, retired and living in Bangkok now.
I want to thank everyone who replyed on my question. I have purchased biab pro version to try out. It goes very well and i allready made some jamtracks. I am very satisfied. Thank you all for your help to me.
Greetings from the land of smiles, (Thailand).
Christiaan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Question about making backing tracks - 06/04/17 05:22 AM
Christiaan,

Thanks for the feedback, and we're glad that you've taken the step.

Welcome aboard. There's some great journeys ahead.
© PG Music Forums