PG Music Home
Posted By: stanbury Realband - 09/05/17 08:14 AM
Hi Folks,

I need to learn how to "Build" a song.IE: Drums,then Bass,Then lead(Intros,Outros Etc}.Whats the best way to do this in Realband?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Realband - 09/05/17 09:27 AM
Originally Posted By: stanbury
Hi Folks,

I need to learn how to "Build" a song.IE: Drums,then Bass,Then lead(Intros,Outros Etc}.Whats the best way to do this in Realband?

Stanbury

Welcome to the Forum.

I would start by viewing some of the tutorials on this page
In particular, depending on your familiarity with RealBand, with this starting point

If you are not familiar at all with RealBand, then Band In A Box might be a more straightforward starting point to 'get the hang of things' before moving to RealBand.
Posted By: rharv Re: Realband - 09/05/17 07:30 PM
Same as BiaB, really, if you want it to be.

Create a Chord chart with Tempo.
Start generating drum/bass combos until you find something close
Add other tracks as desired, either audio or generated.

I usually lay down the bass, then tinker with the drums until I get something interesting.
Then go back to bass if desired, or highlight both tracks and regenerate.
For guitars and fills I often use the Multiriff feature which generates 8 variations to compare and slice/dice as desired.

Or generate whole songs like BiaB by making the first 8 tracks BiaB tracks .. then they all generate at once like BiaB. Difference is RB only generates when you tell it to (not on Play).
RB generates the whole thing before beginning play; takes a few seconds longer sometimes.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Realband - 09/07/17 01:35 AM
Hi Stanbury. Do you have an idea for a "reference" track that you would like your song to sound like? For example "I want this song to sound like Country Roads by John Denver". If so, use the "Style Picket" in Band in a Box. In the top right hand corner type in the name of the song. It will give you some styles to choose from, use this as a base.

Now select your key, set number of choruses to "1". Make an intro of about two or four bars and then start typing in the chords. Use the green and blue part markers at the start of each section.

When done, set your end bar to the last chord in your song. Make the "outro" the root chord. This will give you a good base to work with.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Realband - 09/07/17 12:04 PM
Originally Posted By: stanbury
Hi Folks,

I always do my composing work and arranging in BiaB and then after I save the file in BiaB, I open it in Real Band and the work is done. RB simply renders the files in wave and lets me add more that are not in the BiaB style I composed with.

Example: I use the hard rock styles a lot in my country songs. I get the structure correct and keys, and tempo ...all in BB.... then when I take it to RB, I can add fiddles, steel guitar, mandolin which are not included in the original hard rock styles in BB. make sense?
© PG Music Forums