PG Music Home
Posted By: ffreniere Fade Out - 10/03/17 12:35 PM
My song is 1 chorus, starting at Bar 1 ending at Bar 50.

1) How can I fade the song out for a few bars beginning at Bar 50 or Bar 51?

2) How do I stop the song from immediately repeating after it's done?

Newbie questions I know but I've tried numerous (failed) options before posting here.

Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 01:57 PM
For the fade out ending...

Right-click on the chordsheet and select "Song Settings" from the menu that pops up.

When in Song Settings, at the bottom on the left is the option for fading out (#1 on the image below). Simply add the of bars that you wish the fade-out to occur over.

The Help button (#2 on image) will provide useful information if needed.

Attached picture fade out ending.JPG
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 02:14 PM
To stop the song repeating...

There are two possibilities that could be causing this.

ONE
The number of choruses needs changing from "3" (the default) to "1".

To do this, click on the "3" highlighted on IMAGE 1 below and set it to "1".

I'm using the standard view of chordsheet rather than the full-screen view. If you are in full-screen view, press CTRL+T to change to standard view.

TWO
The "Loop" feature might be enabled.

To change this follow the 1, 2 on IMAGE 2 below.

Again, I'm in the standard view of the chordsheet. Use CTRL+T to change to this view.

Description: IMAGE 1... setting the number of choruses
Attached picture number of choruses.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2... enabling/disabling looping
Attached picture looping enabled.JPG
Posted By: ffreniere Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 03:19 PM
New to Windows 10 - can't get a printscreen on here so...

My screen looks like yours - I entered 4 for number of bars to fade. I hit the Fade button and OK as I left. Now the song starts to fade at bar 47, not at 50.

Bar 51a has "end" in red. What gives?

Thx.
Posted By: ffreniere Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 03:21 PM
Yes, I had Enable Loop checked. Thank you!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: ffreniere
New to Windows 10 - can't get a printscreen on here so...

To get an image on here...

1. Do the printscreen.

2. Open "Paint" and paste the captured screenshot from the clipboard (CTRL+V).

3. Save the image as a jpg file.

4. Go to the link below and following the instructions for posting.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386690#Post386690
Posted By: jford Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 03:39 PM
From the user manual...

Quote:
You can quickly choose a fadeout ending, just press the [Fade] button, and Band- in-a-Box will fadeout the last “x” bars of the song (you can specify how many bars). Or customize the fadeout with precise values for each bar.

I believe that implies that it does not include the "two-bar ending". It's not a setting to "fade for x number of bars after the end of the song", but a setting to start the fade "x number of bars before the end of the song". That's how it works.

I would suggest turning off the two bar ending, enter a hold for the ending, and start the fade appropriately.

If you would like some different behavior, you probably need to visit the wish list, but don't expect immediate gratification.

Alternatively, use Realband (or another DAW) where you have full control over the entire volume settings.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: ffreniere
My screen looks like yours - I entered 4 for number of bars to fade. I hit the Fade button and OK as I left. Now the song starts to fade at bar 47, not at 50.

Bar 51a has "end" in red. What gives?

Thx.

1. In "Song Settings", de-select "Generate 2 bar ending for this song" to disable the BIAB automatic ending. This is located immediately above the fade-out setting.

2. You will now need to increase the length of the song by adding more bars manually. This setting is immediately to the left of the "Number of choruses" setting.

The four bars that occur after the "End" label are reserved by BIAB programming for the automatic ending and there is very little control possible here because it is an ending PG Music has designed for the style. If you have a look at the ending bar number for the song, you'll see that it does not include these automatic ending bars.

If you want a fade-out ending, that's a manual ending and it is defined by the user hence it's necessary to disable any automatic ending attached to the style.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I see that jford was typing at the same time as me. Seems like he and I said the same thing!
Posted By: ffreniere Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 04:02 PM
Thanks guys. Looks like it's a minimum 4-bar fadeout, eh?
Posted By: rharv Re: Fade Out - 10/03/17 07:39 PM
No 4 bar limit in RB .. and Realband is included with BiaB.

If you like working in a more linear style and having more control like this you may want to try opening the BiaB song in RB, then use the right-click-Track menu to 'Make all BB tracks regular tracks'.

That way you have your song preserved as it was and can do more complex editing and generating (etc).

It's more powerful than BiaB in many ways, but not quite as fast at some stuff, like regenerating all the tracks for a whole song..
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Fade Out - 10/06/17 03:57 AM
I don't personally use the BIAB fade out option. I prefer to export the tracks as is to my DAW (Cubase) and then draw in the fade out there. I have a lot mor control over the size and shape of the fade that way. Just my personal prefference.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Fade Out - 10/06/17 09:48 AM
I think there are a few programs every musician needs, including a stereo editor. I use Adobe Audition. Many like the free Audacity.
© PG Music Forums