PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM Declutter toolbars? - 11/20/17 02:30 PM
Being a tidy person-NOT-Id like to remove buttons in the two toolbasrs that Im never going to use at least not for a while.I can see how i can ADD more to the toolbar but how do I put the ones i dont need back in to store so to speak.
Wendym

Attached picture toolbars.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/20/17 03:55 PM
Wendy,

That's not possible in the standard view mode.

Press CTRL+T to change to full screen view and there's a little more control. It's possible to use the Custom view to list only those shortcuts you want.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/20/17 04:52 PM
Noel, I did the Control T and got the truncated toolbar thing.Where it says CUSTOM its blank with no available right click to load it with what I want.Am I doing it right please?Oh, and I do like the bigger chords view.
Wendy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/20/17 05:11 PM
Wendy, you're very close. I love the Custom toolbar. Look for the tiny + (plus sign) on the far right. It opens up all the available choices. As it prompts, just hold down CTRL and drag the icons you want into the Custom toolbar.

TIP: My favorite buttons are Save As, because it gets you to the options easier, and Notation, because it toggles between the Chordsheet Mode and the Notation Mode. If it helps, here are the ones I have in Custom:

Notation, New, Open, Save, Save As, MIDI, Print, Settings, Prefs, Form, Freeze. With just these, I can do almost everything I need. Of course, it's called Custom because everyone's needs and preferred method of working will differ.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/20/17 07:16 PM
Wendy, hope this helps:

Attached picture 2017-11-21_09-12-15.jpg
Attached picture 2017-11-21_09-13-43.jpg
Attached picture 2017-11-21_09-15-43.jpg
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 11:40 AM
Hi Guys.Back again.Thanks for the info and I'm sure Im following it to the letter Mr VT. But as you can see,all i get is a blank space with no buttons.Is there a seting somewhere I have to do first?

Attached picture Customize toolbar-empty.jpg
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 12:46 PM
Hi Wendy,

I'd had the same thing happen to me, and then I installed the Build 470 patch and it solved this issue. You can download this free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#470
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 01:06 PM
Hi Callie. I was on 467 because of the trouble there seemed to be with the 468/469 thing. I have updated now to the 470 like you saud but it has made NO DIFFERENCE. I still get a blnak space for Custom. All the individual toobars are populated OK but none of them seem to be available with the Custom view to drag in.
Wendy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 02:52 PM
Just to be clear, you don’t drag a toolbar, you drag individual icons to populate your Custom toolbar. Do you see the plus sign on the far right? If so, what happens when you click it?
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 04:21 PM
Hi Matt. When i click the + i get a blank drop down like the photo in the post above,not even the upper one in VTs post that says Settings,midi,open, plugins.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/21/17 05:10 PM
?

Ok. Time to call Support.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 03:29 AM
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Hi Callie. I was on 467 because of the trouble there seemed to be with the 468/469 thing. I have updated now to the 470 like you saud but it has made NO DIFFERENCE. I still get a blnak space for Custom. All the individual toobars are populated OK but none of them seem to be available with the Custom view to drag in.
Wendy

Try resetting the factory defaults after you completed the update.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 08:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Wendy

Try resetting the factory defaults after you completed the update.

Charlie,will I lose mysynth soundcard Forte dxi settings if I do that?I had no end of grief when I started out getting Forte to work(my Bad I know now)and you guys sorted me out eventually and would hate to be in that position again. In fact I might cry :-(
Wendy

Attached picture forte in biab.jpg
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 09:10 AM
Wendy, FWIW I get the same thing. It's something to do, I am sure, with the Update from 462 to 470.
If I return BB to the old Build 462, the "Custom" tab works perfectly correctly and I can drag and drop from the full list of buttons that drops down. If I then come back to the latest 470, the "Custom" drop down is Empty.
I'm going to drop a note to Support.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 10:33 AM
When you Return to Factory Settings, you have choices. You can save your settings first, and you can reset everything, or everything except the drivers.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 06:44 PM
Ok. I've done a reset and im happy my Forte still works.But it hasnt changed the fact that 470 seems to have a bug in the Custom tag. Its not a shattering prob for me.i will use normal view as usual until it if ever gets fixed. What i love about our forums is how everyone jumps in to help solve stuff.And i lesrn so much in the process.
Wendy
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/22/17 07:27 PM
That's a weird issue, the Custom tab is working fine for me with build 470.

Wendy, can you email us directly at support@pgmusic.com please? I have an installer I'd like to send you that may help. Please write "Attn Kent" in the subject line so it gets left for me.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/23/17 05:28 PM
Kent,I emailed you.HOWEVER I did a bit of messing about today because it was my day off and this is what I found if its of any help.
As i said, if I go back to 462, the Custom tab drop down list is there but in 470 its just blank.My photos show the difference.BUT and its a BIG BUTT (who? me?)if i go back to 462 and I ADD any and I mean ANY button from the drop down tab into my Custom tab in 462, come out of BIAB, and then run update 470,not only is the button i added in 462 showing in Custom in 470 BUT the whoile button list is now in the drop down. OK Kent - go figure that one. lol.
Wendy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/23/17 06:23 PM
Quite a story.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/24/17 01:53 PM
I think its all sorted now.The file I got off Kent works fine and the Custom tab fully drops down with all the buttons to choose from.But then again it did that after I had mesed with the 462, added a button to Custom there, go to 470 and it appeared as if by magic.And so of course did all the other buttons.Im only learning BB(and sometimes not very well)but it struck me that doing what I did in 462 dislodged whatever was causing 470 not to shsow anything in its dropdown.I emailed Kent back and told him what I thought.Thank you for all the info guys.
Wendy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/24/17 04:36 PM
Hang in for the next version.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Declutter toolbars? - 11/24/17 04:59 PM
I'm not personally 100% what caused the problem in the first place (I wasn't able to replicate it myself), but the file we tested was a pre-release version of build 471, and it appears to solve the problem. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums