PG Music Home
I have BiaB 2017 PRO. Windows 7

I just purchased Xtra Styles Pak 3 because there are several great styles in it that I really want to use.

Now, I don't see how I can use it at all for my songs.

What I did:
1)I opened my song that I'm working on.
2)In the Styles Picker I chose “Exiled” from the Xtra Pak 3.
3)The yellow message says: “This means you do not have the Realtrack that is required for this style or solo.”
4)Next, I chose (in Style Picker) “Play using current chordsheet for song.” Usually a chosen style would play 'something', but there was no sound at all as it played with “Exiled”.

All of the styles I'm interested in using on Xtra Pak 3 are all RT (n/a)!!

Does this mean I wasted my money buying this?

Or is there some way I can make this work with what I have available in 2017 PRO?

I really want these certain styles, on Xtra Pak 3, for the personal songs I'm working on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John Stone
Its because youve got the basic BB which only has a few Rts in its package.Its OK to get you started but you look like youve hit one if its limitations.And dont confuse Realtracks with Styles.A style pak doesn't contain ANY Rts in order to use them,the asumption is youve already got them.Thats what the message is saying. I'm no saleswoman but I'd upgrade to 2018Ultra wilst its on offer.
When you click on the "more info" for XTRA Styles 3 on the XTRA styles page, it clearly states:

Note: These Xtra Styles use RealTracks from the Band-in-a-Box® 2017 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. A handful of these new RealStyles use RealTracks from the 2017 49-PAK.

There are similar messages for the other three XTRA Styles paks.
Thanks all. I will be purchasing Ultra PAK in about 5 days to take care of my problem. Sooooooo, we can consider this post closed.

Wendy and John, you're awesome for answering me.

John
Canby Oregon
I am not the original poster, but I'm wondering what I need to buy to get these:

Quote:
RealTracks Set 285: Celtic Piano & Harp
This RealTrack Set is bundled with the following packages:
UltraPAK | Audiophile Edition | RealPAK Country: 14 | 2018 PlusPAK

Currently I have BiaB Pro 2018.

Do I have to buy all the packages listed, or just any one of them?

I am very confused about the difference between styles and realtracks.
A RealTrack is an audio file unique to PG Music.

A style is a PG Music file that contains song information like time signature (3/4 or 4/4), tempo in beats per minute (bpm), list of initial instruments (which can be a midi driven soft synth or RealTracks) and to what tracks each instrument is assigned, starting track settings for midi patterns - volume - panning - reverb and tone, midi data for melody and solo tracks.
© PG Music Forums