PG Music Home

Hi All
I now have 2018 band in a box plus, I open up midi,s in
band in a box ,chords and all show up ,but when I open
Mixer all on 1 channel ,How do I split the midi so it shows
Up as several channels in mixer so I can mute melody,and
perhaps play with different channels etc .
Thanks
Rich
When you bring a MIDI file into BIAB, everything gets loaded into the Melody track, but channels are preserved. You should click on the "Sequencer" button to manage the individual channels there. It is not a DAW interface, but does give a number of editing options. Look up Sequencer in the help file or the PDF manual for more details.

That being said, BIAB doesn't take your input MIDI file and distribute it to the different tracks (bass, guitar, piano, etc). Those tracks are for the styles to populate, not the MIDI file. And if all you are doing is using it to play the MIDI file, (without the benefit of styles), then it becomes a very expensive MIDI player.

I often import MIDI files into BIAB, let it interpret the chords (then change around the chords if wrong), then go into sequencer and remove everything except melody, soloist, harmony tracks, and may some signature riff tracks. The style generates the accompaniment, but I get to keep the melody/harmony of the song. Not a true cover, but doing it that way can come pretty close to keeping the feel of the original.
It would also be helpful (and this goes for all of you, new or old) if we knew which platform you're on, pc or mac, before we attempt to deal with the issue/questions. Quite often the answers will differ depending on platform (e.g. here, where there is no Sequencer button on Mac BBox), so it speeds up the process to know platform from the get go.
© PG Music Forums