PG Music Home
Posted By: Fldrummerman Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 02:05 PM
I recently upgraded to Band in A Box 2018 but I'm not sure I got everything. Example, when I sort the Styles from the Style Picker button by date, For a date of 2017 I only see 5 styles of RT 281 and 37 BONUS styles. Is this right? And, none of the BONUS styles work because it seems there are no instruments found to support them.

Now I'm hoping that sorting by date is NOT the correct way to see if I installed all of the new items I was supposed to get with the 2018 upgrade. I've installed the software twice....once from the downloaded files and then once again from the actual discs when they arrived and I always get the same thing.

Can someone tell me how I can check to make sure all of the new files are actually there and also why none of the bonus tracks are working???

Thank you so much for your help!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The first thing you should do is make sure you are up to date. Build 508 is the latest. Go to the grey Support tab, above.

There were problems identifying some styles in the early versions on BIAB 2018.
Posted By: Fldrummerman Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 03:27 PM
Okay, Matt. I'll do that. Thank you for such a quick reply!
Posted By: Fldrummerman Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 04:04 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest build and that did add many new styles. But...I seem to be missing half of the instruments for each one. So...good news, I added many new styles....bad news....the individual instruments are missing?
Posted By: Fldrummerman Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 04:32 PM
I also did a rebuild too. I see I don't have any of the OOOhs and Ahhhs...they all say N/A. Were they supposed to come with the 2018 upgrade?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 05:14 PM
Just taking a step back for a minute so that I can get a clearer picture...

What version of BIAB did you have before the update (both package and year)?

For example: ProPak 2016, UltraplusPak 2017, etc.

When you say you 'upgraded', what was the package deal that you purchased to allow you to upgrade?
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/24/17 06:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Fldrummerman
then once again from the actual discs when they arrived and I always get the same thing.

Could that be part of the problem, it doesn't sound like an Ultra does it?
Posted By: Fldrummerman Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 11:50 AM
I went from Band In A Box 2016 to 2018 and it cost me $74.00. Here is a screen shot of what's going on.

[img]https://wordpress.com/post/hurricaneriverpublishing.wordpress.com/1138[/img]
Posted By: w Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 03:17 PM
Mr. Fldrummerman,

when i click your url/screen shot of what's going on it takes me to a site i have to sign into/register

[img]https://wordpress.com/post/hurricaneriverpublishing.wordpress.com/1138[/img] [/quote]
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 03:18 PM
I went from Band In A Box 2016 to 2018 and it cost me $74.00. Here is a screen shot of what's going on.

[img]https://wordpress.com/post/hurricaneriverpublishing.wordpress.com/1138[/img]

I wasn't able to view that item, as it looked for a Wordpress account.
You can easily attach an image to a post using this button, situated in the area immediately below where you enter text:

Attached picture 2017-12-27_05-16-44.jpg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 03:49 PM

I looked at the posted package prices and the $74 price quoted is the $69 upgrade cost from 2016 ProPAK to +++ 2018 ProPAK +++ with $5 postage for the hard copy.

+++ THIS +++ list of combos and RealTracks does not include the vocal RealTracks.

The vocal RealTracks are not included in the 2018 free bonus.
Posted By: Fldrummerman Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 09:31 PM
Gentlemen, I really appreciate your patience with me! I think I have attached a file that shows some of the problem. Most of the new styles show an N/A in front of them which indicates I'm missing many instruments.

I'm wondering -

1. What did I get for my $75
2. How do I purchase the missing files?

Attached picture bnb problem.JPG
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/26/17 09:52 PM
I'm wondering -

2. How do I purchase the missing files?

That's something that only PG Music staff can answer. You need to contact them. If you have a look under the the "Support" link at the top of the web page, you'll find a number of different ways to make contact.

One thing to keep in mind is that the ProPak is PG Music's entry level Band In A Box package. The package that contains the most comprehensive collection of Realtracks, Realdrums and Styles is the UltraPak (hence why it is more expensive).

Below is the link from Jim's post above. If you click on this link, you can access an overview summary of the differences between each version of BIAB.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.pro.htm

Simply click on the the different tabs I've labelled 1, 2, 3, 4 to see the variations between packages.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture different packages 2018.JPG
Hi Fldrummerman,

If you're interested in getting the rest of the styles and RealTracks, please call us at 1-800-268-6272 and we can exchange your order for an UltraPAK. We'd charge the $100 difference + $15 shipping to your credit card and send you everything on a USB hard drive.

This would get you around 2500 RealTracks (including the Oohs and Aahs), compared to the 300 that come with the Pro package you purchased.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: Band in a Box 2018 upgrade question - 12/28/17 07:16 PM
-

You got a "lite" version, being marketed as a "pro" version. There is nothing professional about lossy RealTracks, in which over 88% are missing. js

Edit: I'm not trying to take away from the professionalism of the parties involved, it is all fine and dandy, but I just think that the product is mislabeled.
© PG Music Forums