PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzutako Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/28/17 04:25 AM
Hi. I've sent a question email to PG music but no response yet. They are probably in Xmas holidays. So I'm hoping that someone will help me here.

I've been using Biab2013 Pro on Windows7 PC. Since I've got a new laptop (Windows10) I've decided to upgrade it to Biab2018 Pro.

Should I have Biab2013 in my new laptop before I install Biab2018 upgrade version?
I'm worried my Biab2013 is so old that it's not compatible with Windows10.....

Regards
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/28/17 04:37 AM
Hi Utako,

Because PG Music's advertising says it's about upgrading 2016 (or earlier) ProPak to 2018 ProPak, I take that to mean that it is not necessary to have the earlier version on your new laptop because there will be differing numbers of Realtracks and Realdrums across each version. For example, 2016 ProPak will have more Realtracks than 2013 ProPak but both can be upgraded with the same purchase.

If you bought Bonus or additional material for your 2013 ProPak, then you can simply install that on top of the new 2018 ProPak installation. (You will need to run the 'Clean-up \bb' routine again after installing such additional material.)

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/28/17 07:00 PM
I had 2012 on Win 10, and I didn't seem to have any problems updating to the latest. The best deal if you can afford it is to upgrade/crossgrade to the Ultrapak.
Posted By: jazzutako Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/28/17 07:29 PM
Thank you for quick response to both Noel96 and Coolbreeze!

OK, so either with or without Biab2013, the upgrade should work.
I'll just install the upgrade version then. Thanks!
Posted By: jazzutako Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 06:29 AM
I've successfully installed Biab2018 Pro upgrade to my laptop, thank you!
Now I have a new question regarding your advise.......

>If you bought Bonus or additional material for your 2013 ProPak, then you can simply install that on top of the new 2018 ProPak installation.(You will need to run the 'Clean-up \bb' routine again after installing such additional material.)

Since I have Biab2013 Pro in my Win7 PC, and Biab2018 Pro in my laptop Win10, I've checked "What add-ons do I have?" and compared the two.
I have more Styles, RealTracks and RealDrums in Biab2013 because I bought RealPAK Jazz-1 before.
How can I transfer those to Biab2018?

Regards,
Jazzutako
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 07:18 AM
You won't create any harm by re-installing those earlier products, then running x:\bb\Data\BB_Cleanup.exe

Then restart BiaB, go to StylePicker and do a rebuild.

See if you are up to date.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 02:07 PM
Also, in case this is useful information...

If you purchased the RealPak directly from PG Music, it should be available for download by logging in into your Sales account and clicking on "My Products".

Once downloaded, right-click on the exe and select "Run as administrator" and then follow VideoTrack's excellent instructions above.
Posted By: jazzutako Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 08:08 PM

Thank you, VideoTrack and Noel196.

I bought the RealPAK directly from PG Music but it's not in "My Products."
Probably there was no automatic register in 2013.

So I'll re-install the RealPAK Jazz1.
If I can find this file somewhere in bb folder, do I just copy & paste?

Regards
Jazzutako
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 08:38 PM
I'd imagine that the file is an .exe file. If that's the case, right-click on the file, select 'Run as administrator', click OKs as needed and doublecheck the installation path when it appears.

If you can't find the file, contact PG Music and they will send you a download link. (They will have your purchase records and they are excellent at looking after their customers.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jazzutako Re: Biab2018 upgrade from an old version - 12/29/17 11:58 PM
Thank you, Noel!

I looked through bb folders but I have no idea which one, so I'll ask PG music if I can download it again. That would be a lot easy for me.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Jazzutako
© PG Music Forums