PG Music Home
Posted By: Mattrix ASIO Driver Issues with Band in a Box - 12/28/17 05:49 PM
Hello anyone. I am a newbie.

Just installed BiaB and am having alot of difficulties with it. On one of the very few occasions that I was able to get tech support on the phone, they suggested I get a Audio Interface. I went around the corner to Guitar Center and got a Audiobox USB and downloaded and installed the drivers (serveral times because of below). Biab will now play some things through the audiobox but I am consistently getting:

“Error creating ASIO buffer Access violation at 00A06185 in module bbw.exe
Write of address 00000004 at 00A06185”

Then it doesn’t play at all and then freezes up.

Here is another strange thing. When the Audiobox is hooked up non of the preview functions work with Real Drums or Realstyles. If I unhook the audiobox the sample functionality returns and plays through the laptop speakers.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: ASIO Driver Issues with Band in a Box - 12/28/17 05:57 PM
Mattix,

The first thing that I'd try to see if it makes a difference is to start BIAB by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator".

If that brings no joy, change the 'Audio Driver Type' from ASIO to MME under "Options | Preferences | Audio".

Both ASIO and MME sound identical. The only difference is that ASIO allows realtime instruments such as a synth keyboard to play with reduced latency. If you have no external controller instrument attached to your computer, MME will do the job.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums