PG Music Home
Is there a video covering how to set up the PC's internal sound card and midi. I just can't seem to get my bean around this. Of course I am hearing something right now that sounds like a cross between a cat in heat and a new years eve noisemaker. I have a PC running Win 10 64x it's got a Dell Audio sound manager which is managing a Realtek sound card. Built in MIDI drivers. I have a Behringer UM204HD 2 in 4 out USB convertor.
All I need is to match up BIAB with my sound card but ideally with the built in sound generator that comes with BIAB. If any one can get through all this rambling and come up with some answers you will make an old man very happy.

Thanks
Richgil
Hi RichGil,

Go into "Options | Preferences | Midi Driver" and set up everything with numerals beside it (on the image below) exactly the same as I have.

In relation to #6...

If Coyote WT is not available in your dropdown list of synths, it means that it has not been installed.

To install Coyote WT exit the sound setup for the moment and to to "Help | Utilities" and install the Coyote Wave Table Synth. Now return to setting up the sound.

In relation to #7...

When you click on this button, you'll be taken to the audio driver set up. If the default driver is set it will read WAS. Click on this dropdown menu and select MME. It's a better, general choice for BIAB.

This should do the job for you.
Noel

Attached picture coyote WT and audio settings.JPG
Man you're from Australia and you answer so quickly. I am forever grateful. WiIl let you know how I did.

Richgil
That's the internet for you! Information travels at the speed of light!

All the best with setting up everything smile

I had no idea you're from Australia Noel. I was in Brisbane last week doing a family reunion.
Hi Rich!

There is a steep learning curve here. As you can tell from Noel's reply, many years of experience and know-how are available on these fora. All are happy to share.

I will dare to say that learning this stuff is not worth it if all you want to is have fun. I tell all my students to call PG Music tech support to get set up the first time. Each setup has lots of unique components. The team at PG has seen most of them and can get you going real fast. You will gain the added benefit of learning that PG is very much a service oriented company. They employ some of the most knowledgeable and friendly techs on the planet.
© PG Music Forums