PG Music Home
Posted By: RunAndWrite Adjust which measures I'm viewing - 01/25/18 05:35 PM
I am brand new to BiaB (downloaded it this morning), so I apologize if this has been asked before. However, I have spent an hour trying to figure it out and have searched online to no avail.

Basically, I have entered chords and am now trying to enter the melody. I need to have an eighth note tie to a whole note, and then to a quarter. However, when I am in Notation view, it is only showing me a certain number of measures at a time (three or four, I assume depending on what's in each measure). The If I scroll left or right, it goes to another cluster of measures; I can't get it to scroll just one measure over. The clusters stay the same whether I am in staff roll or editable notation mode. This means I can't stretch the quarter note to the full duration I need it to be.

Can someone either how to scroll so that I am viewing the exact measures I want to view, or how to force the note duration to be what I need it to be (5-1/2 beats in this case)?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Adjust which measures I'm viewing - 01/25/18 05:40 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You could change the number of measures view-able and make it larger. In Editable Notation Mode, you will see a [Bars 4] icon; click and change it to, say, 6. But I think it's easier to force note duration.

To force note duration, there are at least two ways:

1. In Editable Notation Mode, right-click on a note. You will see the number of beats and ticks (120 ticks to a beat, usually).

2. In the Staff Roll Notation Mode (what many of us would call the piano roll mode), click and grab the far right of the bar for the note, and drag it further right.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Adjust which measures I'm viewing - 01/25/18 09:04 PM
Also...

Below are links on how to enter notation in BIAB. These are on PG Music's Youtube site. They may be useful for you.

While the clips use an older version of BIAB, the principles are the same today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIv3fRmhlsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twyl0qNMhBo

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: RunAndWrite Re: Adjust which measures I'm viewing - 01/26/18 01:22 PM
Thanks. I will watch both of these and see what I can figure out.
© PG Music Forums