PG Music Home
Posted By: StrumBum USER TRACK....SSSSS - 02/06/18 01:17 PM
Hi. I purchased BIAB last year and I am still learning a lot about this great software. Here's my question. I use Cubase 9.5 as my DAW. However, I was very impressed when I used the BIAB User Track to play my guitar and create an audio track to perfectly match the BIAB real tracks.

My question is can I also record Vocal on another unused track like a Soloist track if it is empty. Thanks ahead of time. I'm still learning what I can and can't do with the software.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: USER TRACK....SSSSS - 02/06/18 01:33 PM
Welcome to the forum.

BIAB has one audio track. You COULD record your guitar and then add the voice to that track, but I don't recommend doing it that way. Additional live recording is best done in your DAW. However, if you bought BIAB for Windows, it came with RealBand for free. RealBand reads the BIAB tracks but also has many (48?) audio tracks to play with.
Posted By: StrumBum Re: USER TRACK....SSSSS - 02/12/18 07:38 PM
Thanks Matt. I've been reading the manual and figured out some of the uses of Soloist and Melody Tracks. I just posted a separate problem I am having when it comes to rendering the audio track. If you have a chance, please look at my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Posted By: jford Re: USER TRACK....SSSSS - 02/13/18 12:01 PM
Quote:
BIAB tracks but also has many (48?) audio tracks to play with.

Yes, RealBand gives you 48 tracks, which can be a mix of MIDI or Audio; can generated a BIAB arrangement on the first 8-12 tracks (depending on the style selected and the mix of MIDI versus RealTracks. While you can do audio in BIAB, I would recommend doing it in RealBand, where you have much greater access to editing tools. Once you have your audio file, assuming you kept it the same as your BIAB arrangement (tempo, chord progression, etc), you can bring it right back in to BIAB as the audio track to play back from BIAB.

Lots of options here.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: USER TRACK....SSSSS - 02/13/18 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

BIAB has one audio track. You COULD record your guitar and then add the voice to that track, but I don't recommend doing it that way. Additional live recording is best done in your DAW. However, if you bought BIAB for Windows, it came with RealBand for free. RealBand reads the BIAB tracks but also has many (48?) audio tracks to play with.

THIS^^^^^
© PG Music Forums