PG Music Home
Say I have a song with verse, pre-chorus, and chorus sections, as well as a bridge. I intend to use the chord Bb in several parts of the song. For the most part, I want it to play in the initial root setting (lower register), but I want to insert a descending line which begins with Bb an octave above at other points in the song.

What's the best way to do it? Are there symbols I can insert (such as periods and carets for shots, pushes, and holds), that would enable me to easily see which "octave'd" Bbs are playing at a given point in the song?

Thanks in advance!
My initial answer is that I don't think so, at least I've never done this. But there are others here who may know more. Presumably you're using RealTracks?
Thanks VideoTrack, that's what I mean. How do you personally go about making such transpositions so that they generate as smoothly as possible?
I don’t think you can do this in BIAB.

In RealBand, you could regenerate the one chord until you got a voicing you like.

You asked for the best way. That would be Melodyne Editor.

If BIAB or RealBand produced different inversions of the chord, it should also be possible (though tedious) to do copy and replace editing in a DAW.
© PG Music Forums