PG Music Home
After issuing the Interpret button, the requested file name, the tempo and the key are correct.
The time signature should have been 2/4, it shows up as 4/4. The imported file had 8 bars. Two lead-in bars and 8 import bars were specified.
On the main display, the time signature is 4/4, bars 1, 2 and 4 are displaying the correct chords,
Bar 3 is blank (no chords displayed),

Would appreciate guidance, I am new to BIAB
Thanks
Hi SpiritRover,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

I'm sure others will jump in with a more detailed answer. The short version is Band-in-a-Box (BiaB for short) only recognizes two time signatures 3/4 and 4/4. The best way to understand how BiaB works with 2/4, 6/8 or 12/8 is to perform a search for styles that have those time signatures in their name, load and play a demo song that uses a style and examine the chord sheet.

I would provide a more in depth answer but I don't read music. blush
BIAB can set time signatures such as 2/4, but internally, it is still viewing things as 4/4. That being said, instead of importing as a MIDI file, have you tried saving your MuseScore file to MusicXML and imported it that way instead. MIDI is limited in the amount of "score" information it contains, whereas MusicXML has a lot more detail and BIAB can now read that information. You might get a cleaner import doing it that way. Just a thought.
© PG Music Forums