PG Music Home
Hello, I have a problem with this song.

When I play it on BIAB 2017 everything is ok (112 bars), but when I export the audio, the song is 664 bars long!

To create this song I wrote the chords then I double clicked on the left of the chord to set up the verses (blue) and choruses (green) .
Then I set the begin to 1 and the end on 110.
The structure should be 1-16 verse, 17-32 chorus, 33-48 verse, 49-64 chorus, 73-80 verse, 81-112 chorus/ending.

As I wrote, when I press play everything is ok, but when I export audio, the song is 664 bars!
Please could you help me to fix this?
The manual is very big, so I don’t know where to look for a solution.

Thanks smile
If you have a look to the right of '110', beside your song's title, there is a '3' (#1 on the image below). This is telling BIAB to play multiple choruses of your song.

In BIAB terminology, a 'chorus' means 'once through the entire song'.

In addition to this, you also have repeats set up to play three times (see bar #110). This means that between the number of choruses and repeats, the song is playing through 6 times (hence the 664 when it's generated).

= = = =

Click on the '3' (#1 on image below).

Set it to '1' (#2).

Save your song with a new name so that if you ever want to get back to the original, it's as easy as loading the original file.

Generate.

Because the song has 3 repeats, it will now be around 334 bars long.

Do you want to delete the repeats as well? If so, there's a section in the PDF manual about adding and removing repeats and first and second endings. The page number is in the front index. It's also possible to seach a PDF so try searching for 'repeat'.

Lastly, under "Help | Help Index" search for 'repeats' (without the quote marks).

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture number of choruses.JPG
THANK YOU VERY MUCH NOEL!!!!
You opened me an entire world, because I finally understand the particular meaning of "chorus" in BIAB, that was the key!I followed your explanation and now the song has the right lenght.

In Biab "chorus" has a different meaning than pop or songwriting books. I paste from page 101 of manual:

"Note: We use the term “chorus” as commonly used in Jazz music. A chorus therefore means once through the entire form of the song. A typical length of a chorus is 32 bars. A song may have the form AABA where the A sections are verses and the B section is the bridge. This entire form AABA is called one chorus."
Excellent! I'm glad you got it working.

All the best,
Noel

© PG Music Forums