PG Music Home
Hello,

Everything is in the title, I managed to replace the default MIDI sound of Windows by a sf2 bank of remarkable quality, the same with Biab, when I do not use any other VST, the default sound is played by the bank SF2 instead of GM windows.
The problem is when I put a vst, SF2 or GM is replaced by Coyote for the rest of the instruments and I want to avoid that.
I installed and tested SFZ player to put it in place of Coyote as default synth but he failed to load my bank with a message (not enough memory), I also tested Sforzando (which is included with Biab ), but in addition to having to convert the bank, it can only load one instrument at a time.

On FL Studio, I was able to work around the problem by converting my SF2 bank to DLS so that I could directly load the midi files and listen to them with SF2 (converted to DLS) sounds of much better quality than GM, but on Biab, I do not 'can not do it, I'm obliged to play SF2 (without being able to change an instrument), otherwise Coyote replaces SF2 for the other instruments.

A good solution would have been to find a versatile VST with the same function as Coyote (load 128 midi instruments), but it would surprise me that such a VST exists.

Another solution was to be able to disable Coyote, because I do not understand why we could not load one or two VST and let GM (or SF as GM in my case) take care of the rest of the instruments ?

It only remains to find a SF player that can be used as VST by default instead of Coyote and who can load a large SF2 bank.

Any idea?
If your SF2 soundfont is general MIDI compliant, then just use the VSTSynthfont. You load it as your default VSTi and then tell Synthfont where your SF2 file is located and it will use it and automatically respond to the 16 channel settings, just like Coyote WT does.

Synthfont 1 is free; Synthfont 2 is not ($18).
Hi JFord, yes it's GM compliant, the best I have tested so far, I think it renders the instruments very well, better than GM or Coyote, and on some instruments (the Latin drums for example), it even better than EZDrummer (EZX Latin percussion) or any other VST/Library that are very complicated to map correctly on a DAW or Biab to comply with the standard midi.

Thank you very much, SynthFont seems to work perfectly with Biab and did not cause a memory error as with the previous one.

Edit :
Finally no, it does not work as well, there is a background noise when I use my Sound-Font bank with VSTSynthfont, this noise disappears when I swich to the same Sound-Font bank but played this time in Midi (emulated by Virtual Midi Synth).
Another solution ?
© PG Music Forums