PG Music Home
Posted By: Narayano Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/03/18 01:25 PM
Would it be possible for someone to suggest some styles for two tunes?

1. Red River Valley
2. Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife.

Many thanks

Narayano
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/03/18 04:42 PM
Red River Valley you could try:

_FJORDS.STY. Fjords Bouncy Country Shuffle
A bouncy country shuffle with a gritty background pedal steel. Two matching clean electric guitars, electric bass, and shuffle drums complete the band. -Examples: The Bottle Let Me Down
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=110 (95-130)
Instruments: El.Bass, PedalSteel, El.Guitar, El.Guitar, Drums
RD: RockShuffleQuarterKick^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare :Pat Steward
RT1845: Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110 , Dave Francis
RT2669: Pedal Steel, Background CountryRockBoogie Sw 110 , Eddy Dunlap
RT1140: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanHeld Sw 110 , Jason Roller
RT1141: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanPicked Sw 110 , Jason Roller

_HOPEFUL.STY. Hopeful Songwriter Swing Folk
This swinging songwriter folk RealStyle features two acoustic guitars, electric guitar, acoustic held bass, and brushes. -Examples: The Decemberists
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=110 (95-130)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, El.Guitar, Ac.Guitar, Ac.Guitar, Drums
RD: BRUSHESFOLKSWING: a: Swirl Brushb: Swirl Brush Tap :Vince Ditrich
RT2480: Bass, Acoustic, Held Sw 110 , Craig Nelson
RT1140: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanHeld Sw 110 , Jason Roller
RT372: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120 , Tony King
RT528: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120 , Jason Roller

_HIDALGO.STY. Hidalgo's Country Swing
Memo: A low-key country style that features a cantering drum and bass rounded out by fingerstyle guitar and harmonica. -Examples: If Tomorrow Never Comes, Once Upon A Time In The West
All RealTracks. Quartet. Tempo=100 (80-140)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Harmonica, Ac.Guitar, Drums
RD: NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride :Brian Fullen
RT592: Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 , Dow Tomlin
RT2856: Harmonica, Background CountrySlowSwingJellyRoll Sw 085 , Jelly Roll Johnson
RT1678: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Sw 085 , Brent Mason

2. Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife.

Maybe:
_CELTWLZ.STY. Celtic Waltz Solo Acoustic Guita
Memo: One RealTrack included in this Style (Acoustic Fingerpicking Celtic Slow Waltz), playing with a slow even feel and adding embellishment to most chords. T=90-130 -Examples: Si Bheag Si Mhor
All RealTracks. Solo. Tempo=110 (100-130)
Instruments: Ac.Guitar
RT1815: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticSlowWaltz Ev 110 , Quinn Bachand

_ESQUIRE.STY. Esquire Slow Celtic Waltz
Memo: An acoustic ev8 slow waltz style including piano and bass accompanied by some fingerstyle guitar. -Examples: Shannon Waltz, Josefin's Waltz
All RealTracks. Trio. Tempo=90 (75-120)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Ac.Piano, Ac.Guitar
RT2482: Bass, Acoustic, Bowed Held Ev 085 , Craig Nelson
RT2865: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticSlowWaltzDave Ev 100 , Dave Milligan
RT1815: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticSlowWaltz Ev 110 , Quinn Bachand
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/03/18 06:29 PM

Narayano

This is what i use for Red River Valley .

refer 2 screen shot

and still looking in my collection for Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife

Attached picture screenSHOT 2018-03-03 at 2.24.40 PM.png
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/04/18 09:17 AM
Thank you so much for that. Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of
of styles.

Thanks again

Narayano
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/04/18 09:21 AM
Thank you for that. I shall try it as soon as I can work out how to find a particular style. I can't find the answer in the previewing styles video so any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Narayano
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/04/18 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Narayano
Thank you so much for that. Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of
of styles.

Thanks again

Narayano

OK, perhaps you should do a rebuild of all the styles your Band has.

When you launch your Band and then style picker do a rebuild:

see screen shot

since i am not sure what OperatingSystem you are using please note that the Window version may look different.

Attached picture screenSHOT 2018-03-04 at 9.59.31 AM.png
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/04/18 04:30 PM
Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of of styles.
Enter the Style Name in the StylePicker. Press Clear first to remove any existing filters. Mouse-click on the style and press OK to load it.

The styles I suggested came from RealTracks:
_FJORDS: 2017/06 XtraPak
_HOPEFUL.STY: 2016/07 XtraPak
_HIDALGO.STY: 2017/11 RT 283
_CELTWLZ.STY: 2012/11 RT 173
_ESQUIRE.STY: 2017/11 RT 285

Attached picture 2018-03-05_06-21-22.jpg
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/05/18 11:25 AM
When I open StylePicker the current style shown is _SNGWDUO and I then press clear but whatever style I put into stylePicker (-FJORDS, -HOPEFULLY, -HIDALGO, -CELTWLZ, ESQUIRE) The current style (SNGWDUO) doesn't change.

I'd be very grateful for your help.

Narayano

ps I am using BIAB Megapak 2018
Posted By: jford Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/05/18 01:06 PM
I suspect the problem is that you only have the MegaPak, which is exactly the same BIAB application as all the other paks, but differs in the number of RealTrack/RealDrums/RealStyles, and other content that you get. The UltraPak would have all the styles described. Also, be aware that even if you have the style file, you still need the underlying RealTracks to play it as intended.
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/05/18 05:09 PM
I was beginning to wonder if that was the case so thank you for that John. I'm reluctant to spend $200+ to upgrade to the Ultrapak as only want to use BIAB for backing tracks when I play the chromatic harmonica so I shall persevere with the Styles that I have and sift through to find something that works okay.

Narayano
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/05/18 05:59 PM
...only want to use BIAB for backing tracks when I play the chromatic harmonica

you never told us or explained that in your very first post because that brings up a different search to find what you need/want

here is a quick search of styles plus the underlying RealTracks that you may have without you having to purchase more styles/realtracks that may work for creating backing tracks to play your harmonica

meanwhile i'm sure other's reading your new information will have suggestions or answers

Attached picture screenSHOT 2018-03-05 at 2.47.57 PM.png
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/06/18 02:12 PM
Thank you for that and sorry I didn't mention he chromatic harmonica in my first post - this is all very new for me. When I put "harmonica" into the filter string it gives me the first 7 of the tracks on your screen shot so it gives me a new way of searching for styles.

Thanks

Narayano
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/06/18 05:04 PM
Thank you for that and sorry I didn't mention he chromatic harmonica in my first post - this is all very new for me. When I put "harmonica" into the filter string it gives me the first 7 of the tracks on your screen shot so it gives me a new way of searching for styles.

Thanks

Narayano

You are welcome.

Curious, are those 7 styles+tracks working out OK for you to use for backing tracks when playing the chromatic harmonica ?

Incidentally, what Chromatic Harmonica do you have ?

I have the 64 Chromonica 4 chromatic octaves ( M HOHNER ) professional model and also 3 blues hohner harps .

Quote:
- this is all very new for me

Please do not hesitate to ask for help/guidance .

Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/07/18 12:42 PM
I haven't had a chance to try them yet but I shall do soo soon and I'm looking forward to it.

I've been learning the harmonica for 17 months and I really love the chromatic. So much in fact that I've now got quite a collection. In the Hohner range I've got the 260, 270, 280, Cx12 and a Meisterklasse 7565. I've got several Suzuki SCX-48's in different keys as well as a Sirius (which is my favourite harp at the moment). Also a Seydel Saxony orchestra tuned and three Easttops - T12-48, T12-48K, and a T16-64 with a brass comb. I'm a member of the Slidemeister chromatic harmonica forum and there are quite a few posts there about HAS (harmonica acquisition syndrome) which I seem to have quite badly along with a bunch of people on that forum. Your Chromonica is the same model as my 280 and it really is a fine harp.

And thank you for your offer of help with BIAB when I get stuck - I have no doubt that will happen

Cheers

Narayano
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/07/18 07:04 PM
Narayano,

Fantastic collection of harps.

At the purchase price of harps here in Canada ( they are very very expensive ) you have a huge financial investment .

When you have a chance to prepare some backing tracks in Band perhaps you could share them ?

Best regards and happy harping with the Band.
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/08/18 01:20 PM
Hi W

It is quite an investment but when I add them all up they are still a lot cheaper than my second hand Honda (people with HAS are always justifying the why they spend so much on harmonicas :)and they give me such a lot of pleasure and I find for myself I need to own a harp a play it for quite a while before I know how I really feel about it. Most of them I love and give a play to with the exception of a couple that stay in the drawer.

As soon as I've come up with a few backing tracks I shall certainly share them. In the meantime there is another member of Slidemeister called Lesley Robinson (who also lives in Canada) who bought BIAB a few weeks before me and she has put a lot of backing tracks on YouTube. Worth a look.

Best wishes

Narayano
Posted By: w Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/09/18 03:34 PM
Hi Narayano,

Thanks.

Thanks to you after reading some postings at the Slidemeister forums i decided to join Slidemeister in hopes of learning how to correctly play the HARPS i do have now. Already i have picked up some tips on care and maintenance plus some tips on playing.

Best regards

w/Mister Magoo -
Perils of Magoo - Classic Cartoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDlGTUTj2Q
Posted By: Narayano Re: Styles for a couple of tunes - 03/10/18 08:35 AM
Hi W

That's really great. I joined them about a year ago and the assistance that I've had has been invaluable and it is such a friendly and helpful forum with lots of very experienced players. A J Fedor who set it up has been playing for more than 60 years and he's a really great moderator. I'm sure I'll see your posts the - what is your username? Mine is krishnablue.

Cheers

Narayano
© PG Music Forums